dieciocho

Pude haber sido yo la que a tu lado siempre se despierte
Pero el futuro nunca nos llegó
Me prometí que nunca iba a perderte y no sé que pasó
Pude haber sido yo

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

OMNISCIENT

The brunette walked into the apartment, throwing her beanie onto the couch as she let out a huff.

"Where were you? Who let you out of the house?" Anthony questioned the girl when he entered the living room and saw her.

"I can't stay cooped up in here Anthony, I need to go outside and breathe every now and then," the girl sighed.

"We just can't risk having anyone find out you're alive, Lara," he said softly, trying to control his anger.

"I just still don't understand why I can't just go back to my normal life," she questioned. "What's the point? It's not like anyone loves you," he scoffed.

"They left you there to die. Not to mention you were pregnant," he stated. The memory of that hurt her.

But it wasn't a memory, it was a made up story he told her and made her believe it.

Two years ago, when Dilara got 'sick', she actually wasn't. It was never her.

And at the time Zavina just moved to Miami. Anthony paid her to take Dilara's place and fake her death.

As for the actual Dilara, she was kidnapped when she got out of the clinic. It was just a usual cough, nothing serious.

On their way to the hideout Anthony was going to take her to, they got into an accident. She had a head injury, causing her to lose her memory.

All she remembered was everything before the first accident, the one she had with Erick when she was pregnant with the first baby.

And that was how Anthony stirred up the story of them leaving her to die in that car. And how he saved her to the point she forgave him over everything and is very much comfortable about living with him for the past two years.

"I could've had a daughter," she said as her voice cracked and the tears threatened to fall.

"That's why you shouldn't go back. I'm here, I'll take care of you," Anthony said to her softly as he kneeled in front of her.

"I saw Joel today," she told him and his eyes widened. "Did he see you?" he asked and the girl shook her head.

"He's seeing someone else," she said sadly, but then snickered. "With a duplicate of mine," she scoffed.

Anthony grew a little nervous. After Dilara 'died', or well when Zavina faked the scene and everything was done with, he never stayed in contact.

And if he was right, then it's her.

But what if the others find out?

That was his biggest fear, people finding out it was all a lie.

••••

"You're telling me you saw Lara?" Erick questioned Joel who was slumped on the couch.

"Are you sure?" Adriana asked again. Joel sighed. "Zavina was in front of me, like right in front of me. And that girl I saw, I'm sure it was her," he said.

"Joel, she died 2 years ago. How can that even be possible?" Adriana asked him. "Listen, I know you miss her. I do too, she's my sister- we all miss her, but we need to let her go," Erick told his bandmate.

"Do you guys think I'm crazy?" Joel asked, looking between the couple.

Erick and Adriana exchanged looks.

"Not crazy crazy but maybe a lil lost," Adriana shrugged and Erick nodded.

Joel sighed.

How was he going to prove that he saw her?

───── ❝ 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐚𝐝𝐢 ❞ ─────

left y'all shook yet?