Chapter 31

The brown skinned girl walked in the hallway with her arms crossed "What's the most cliché way to find a killer..." She had on a shirt and a pair of blue jeans. Nothin' too bad, y'know? The Servants were used to seeing her dress oddly but just assumed she was just from a special job where they made them.

"M-Miss Gilmore! Watch out!"

Cheyenne looked back "Huh--oOF" She bumped into the wall and blinked rapidly once she noticed what had just happened.

Looking back to see who the voice was, she smiled at the sunflower blonde "Hi, Finny" The boy smiled back at her and waved himself but wobbled and tried to station the pillar in his hands "Whatcha doin' with that thing?" The blonde looked her way "Mr. Sebastian said this needed to be removed" Cheyenne looked at the pillar and then to Finny "How was your day, Fin?"

Finny blinked owlishly "..Huh?" Cheyenne chuckled and walked closer to him "I was asking how your day was" Finny stared at her and then looked down "No one really asks me that..." Cheyenne put her hands on her hips "Well, I shall be the first!" Finny blinked owlishly before he smiled "I'm doing great! I saw a Squirrel in the garden and it wont leave" Cheyenne's eyes went wide "Squirrels?" Finny nodded "I've tried all I can to get rid of it but it seems like it wants to stay there"

Cheyenne suddenly ran down the hall 'Finally, something I can do' Finny sputtered "Miss Gilmore! Where are you going!?" Cheyenne chuckled and looked back at him "Meet me outside! We're gonna get to the bottom of this!"

~

Finny had placed the pillar where it belonged and ran all the way to the decorated garden. He looked left and right but stopped once he saw puffed hair hiding between few bushes.

He walked over and followed where she was looking "What are you staring at---Shh, child! Come down" She yanked him down by his hand and directed his head to where she was looking "I found 'im right there..." They both watched the Squirrel as it stood by the flowers, hopping over a few times. Cheyenne huffed "Huh..It's really chubby...D'aww" Finny brightened a little as the animal looked around "It's very cute!" Cheyenne nodded and turned to him "Right!"

The Squirrel suddenly stopped and stared there way, or at the bush. The two froze. The animal just sat there and watched them, breathing heavily as they stared back at it through the leaves. Cheyenne exhale a bit and lift her hand, standing slo---"What're you doin--Im gonna...'Talk' to it"

She carefully walked over the bush but kept her distance. Finny peaked his head out and looked to the brown skinned girl. She nodded and motioned for him to come out as well. The blonde slowly followed as the bush ruffled a bit. The both stopped at the sound but still waited as Finny came over. Once he was next to Cheyenne, she smiled at the blonde and then to the little Squirrel.

She bent down and handed Finny something in his hand. He looked down at the strange objects "Seeds?" Cheyenne nodded "Squirrels eat them, I think. Feed 'im some" Finny slowly held out his hand and waited for the Squirrel to come. And finally, after a long ass wait, the Animal walked over, tail a flickin'. It took a few seeds out of Finny's hand and ate a few whole the two watched in awe. Cheyenne smiled as the Squirrel continued to eat "Carefully, little thing. You're gonna get chunkier than you already are"