Chapter 40

Cheyenne lift a brow as her arms were crossed "Uncle Arnold?"

Alois nodded as he walked with her in the hallway, slumped and pouting "All he wants is my money...That's the only reason that old fart is coming over anyway" Cheyenne's lips pursed while she went off in thought '.....Is the season not going the way it....But they already met Ciel....And Arnold should've been ca...What the fuck is goin' on?'

Alois looked down at her, standing infornt of her and cupping her hands "Dont get too close to him, he might do something to have you taken away and.." He sat a hand on her cheek, that sad look coming to his face "I dont want you to leave me" Cheyenne 'aww'd' and pulled the blonde into a hug, patting his back "It's ok, Sunshine, I wont leave you~" Alois smiled and happily hugged her back "Thank you, Cheyenne" Cheyenne looked forward with downcasted eyes and a frown on her face.

'A promise? No. A statement? Yes. I cant promise my Sunshine that I won't leave him'

'I have a feeling that the longer that I stay here, there's a good chance that I might leave him. I won't always be by his side like he wants'

'I cant give him an empty promise..'

They pulled back and smiled at each other

'I can't do that to him. I can't do that to my Sunshine'

~

Cheyenne jogged into Xander's room, a glove in her hand "Hey, Xander, I was thinking we cou....Xander?" The light brown skinned boy was sitting on the bed with a soft smile. He was just sitting there, looking down at himself. He didnt have any of his belongings with or near him and to make things worst...

He looked as if he was fading away

Xander chuckled, looking towards the short girl "I guess I'm going back home, Ma.." Cheyenne glued her lips together but smiled herself and walked over. Maybe it was his time? He wasn't going to stay here forever, just like she wasnt. Maybe. As much as she wanted to keep him here, she knew he had to go back. Besides, he had to be a little homesick "I'm gonna miss you, Baby...Take care of your siblings and me, ok?" She brought him into a hug, her arms barely wrapping around his fading body. Xander leaned into her touch, closing his eyes "I will. We'll see each other soon....In some years that is.." Cheyenne laughed and sat her hands on his cheeks, both of them laying their forehead together

"Be strong, Ma..."

And soon, all that was left was air.

Cheyenne dropped her hands. Her Son was gone. He had left like Peter when Thanos snapped. But, she'll see him again. Was she alone? No...Right? Yeah, she wasnt alone, she had the Black Butler crew. She had Hannah and Claude, The Triplets, Alois. She wasnt alone. But, they wouldn't understand things like Xander did but, at least she still had them as her friends.

A hand placed itself on her head. She looked up and smiled at Canterbury as he stared down at her. He didn't say anything but she could tell he was just helping her. How nice of him! Cheyenne turned around and hugged him, happy that someone was trying to consol her.

"If you have the deepest voice, does that mean you have the biggest balls?"

And the moment was ruined

~

Cheyenne absent mindedly twirled around the halls with her new dress on. After Hannah had told her that she had to wear it since Arnold was coming, it was a bit of a force to wear it. But, she was a good little Christian, even though that ain't relevant to this, girl, she wore it without any argument. Cheyenne was a little distracted in the brain since she keeps remembering that her 'Son' is gone. There had to be a way to push away these feelings. So, she was just listening to the Black Butler soundtrack. Can you blame her?