4. My lovely ex wife

~Two years later ~

"Holy shit." I gasped as my legs shook as the man on top of me sent me over the edge, again.

"Fuck." He grunted before collapsing on the bed next to me.

I closed my eyes and let myself slow my racing heart. Morning sex was seriously a great way to start my day.

"Good morning." I felt his arms wrap around me and his lips press against the side of my head.

"Let go of me, I know what you are doing." I wiggled out of his grasp.

"Is it a crime to want you to stay in bed for a little longer?" He asked.

When I opened my eyes and looked at the man I could see that dumb smile he always had on his face.

"I have to be at Jades in an hour, she'll kill me if I'm late." I reminded him.

"I know and I guess I don't really need to give her another reason to hate me."

"She doesn't hate you." I tried to assure him.

It was a lie. Jade hated Liam, even after a full two months of seeing each other she had yet to warm up to him. It was a real miracle that she even gave me a plus one. I mean I did have to promise her he wouldn't be in any of the photos. But I really couldn't go to my best friends wedding without a date.

"It's sweet of you to lie to me like that." He laughed pressing his lips to mine in a quick kiss.

"You should leave here at like 3, do you have the address of the venue?" I questioned.

"Yes I have it saved in my phone and no you can not check it because you've already done that like twenty times since you saved it yourself yesterday."

I sighed. I was getting slightly anxious for the wedding. It had been a full year since I last saw Jades brother. I didn't know what I was expecting but I was nervous to see him again.

"Sorry, I'm going to go take a shower." I crawled out of bed and made my way towards the bathroom.

I sat in one of the chairs and waiting for Jade to step out in her dress. I was wearing one of the light pink bridesmaid dresses, it was something that I was lucky enough to have been there when she picked them. I would've killed her if she put me in something I hated.

"Do I look perfect?" Jade asked spinning around in her dress.

"You look absolutely perfect." I nodded.

"I've been waiting for this day forever, I can't believe it's actually happening." She beamed.

"It feels crazy that you and Kieran are finally getting married. Like we are so young but you guys have been together for what feels like forever."

"Says the girl that's already been married." Jade laughed.

"Ok, a five-day marriage that meant nothing doesn't count." I waved her off.

Jade gave me a look that I didn't recognize but I ignored it. It meant nothing then and it doesn't mean anything now. I had Liam, he was nice and I liked him enough.

There was a knock on the door and Jade called out for whoever it was to come in.

"Hey, honey." Her mom grinned as she slipped into the room.

"Hey, mom." Jade rushed over and hugged her mom.

"You look stunning."

"Do I get a hug too?"

My head whipped over to the doorway to see Harlan leaning against the door frame. He looked better than I remembered, maybe it was the suit or maybe he somehow actually got more attractive.

"Of course you idiot." Jade smiled before pulling her twin into a hug.

"Anything I can say to make you change your mind?" Harlan asked.

"No." Jade smacked his shoulder.

"Thought I'd give it a shot." He laughed.

His eyes moved off his sister and we locked eyes.

"How's my lovely ex-wife?" He beamed walking towards me.

"Worse now that you're here." I frowned.

"Ahh there's the girl I missed, do I get a hug?" He opened his arms wide ready to pull me in.

"No, I'd rather keep my distance." I shook my head.

"What a shame, I missed having you in my arms." He winked.

I just rolled my eyes. I didn't expect anything else from him. I swear he couldn't help himself ever.

"Will you leave her alone Harlan?" Jade said.

"But it's so much more fun this way." He laughed.

"For you maybe," I muttered.

I could tell he heard me because he shot me a blank look and took a slight step away from me.

"I'm going to go harass your groom, I'll be back just in time to walk you down that aisle." Harlan went and gave his sister one last hug before slipping out of the room.

"Do you think he'll go too far with Kieran? I rather not have a fight at my wedding."

"I know my son and he would never do anything to affect your big day. He's just pretending to hate Kieran at this point, we've all known that for years." Her mom said truthfully.

While Harlan and Kieran used to hate each other it's become pretty clear to everyone that their feud has long since ended and their relationship is complicated but they got along most of the time.

"I know I just get nervous, there's been a lot of fights between those two."

"But there hasn't been a fight between them in five years, I think you're safe," I assured her.

"I just want everyone to get along and this day to go perfectly."

"If anyone makes your day any less than perfect I'll kill them," I told her.

I wanted this day to be perfect for her, she's worked so hard to get here. She and Kieran have worked years to get to this exact moment and I wanted this day to meet all her expectations.

A/n:

I've been writing a lot for this book and I'm thinking of changing the upload schedule. I think I could do twice a week but I might end up busy coming up and so I don't know if I should save the chapters for those times or just get them out to you all to read. I'm going to think on it for a little and then maybe you will get twice a week uploads.

Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you did don't forget to comment and vote!!

-Cora Leigh