Life without Jason

After the funeral and after things relatively returned to normal Liana is still not herself, no one is, Damian more often then not spend more time overworking, following Bruce and Tim's horrible example, Dick and Liana had to see how they were each given day, some days they were fine, joking around, other times they were stopped by Alfred when they wanted to get to school and being led back inside, they would be in no mindset to go. "Master Bruce, this cannot go on any longer" Alfred says after he once again finds Liana and Barbara in Jason's room, asleep, Barbara holding Liana close "I don't know how to help them Alfred, Lia and Jason had a special bond, much like Barbara and Dick have, but I don't know how to help either of them" "Might I suggest a family outing?" Alfred asks "Bruce" Damian says entering the room "Dick's gone on patrol without backup. I already told Liana, partly because I had to know where he was-" "Bruce, need backup, fire-" the signal gets cut off and Bruce heads off "Get in" he says looking at Liana who nods while pulling on her jacket.

Swan instantly heads off to find Robin and she tries to move the pillar off him when she does "Too heavy" she says so she uses her magic to cut it in half before trying again "Watch out!" Robin yells pulling her away and Swan freezes everything on instinct "Robin stay awake, I'm not losing you too" she says.

In the batcave Alfred looks at Bruce, as if he should've noticed any strange behavior, which he really should have "Minor burns for miss Liana" the butler says "And master Richard will be fine as well". Liana is carried to her own room by Alfred while Bruce brings Dick to his own "This really can't go much longer" Tim says "You're right" Bruce says "It can't".

So Alfred organizes a family trip, Barbara heading home to stay with her father "Backpacking?" Tim asks "No, our cottage is on the mountain" Bruce says "Come on" Damian says "You'll love it" "Oh yeah, this is their first time here" Tim says looking at the two youngest who nod, slightly worried "But it's not the same with two people missing" Dick says "Miss Barbara needs some time away from this family master Richard", the walk is quiet, each in their own thoughts "I can't really enjoy the scenery if I'm honest" Damian says once they arrive "Jay only came here once" "I shall make plenty of pictures for you to enjoy looking at afterwards" Alfred says as he opens the door. "Alfred, is the attic cleaned?" Bruce asks and he mention to everyone "Of course master Bruce" Alfred says "However the heating there is still broken I'm afraid, I shall work on that as soon as I can", since everyone already sort of has a room Bruce gives Dick Jason's previous bedroom, after Lia insisted she didn't mind the attic since she could look at the stars.

After making breakfast the next morning Alfred wakes everyone "I found this Iron Man sweater" Liana says holding it up "Aren't you cold?" Tim asks "I always sleep in a tank top and shorts" she says "So no, I guess I got used to it", Alfred carefully takes the sweater and he smiles sadly "Master Jason bought it when he was here" "He did? Why?" Dick asks "He was complaining about the cold" Bruce says. The trip is somewhat okay, the kids playing games and ice skating on a nearby lake while Bruce and Alfred take a walk around the area "Lia watch out!" Tim says, so she stops before Dick can crash into her and she grabs him, but he's really unstable so they both lose their balance and fall down "Sorry" Dick says "It's fine" Liana says trying to get up, but eventually Tim has to get them both up, which fails since he slips and falls down too "Great" Damian says as he helps them all up "What would you guys do without me?" "It'd be a complete chaos, as usual" Tim says dusting of the snow.

Dinner is quiet and no one is really in any mood to talk "Alright that's it" Alfred says and everyone looks at him surprised "Master Jason would not want everyone to be like this "But-" "No buts miss Liana, I have watched everyone get worse and worse and I watched everyone neglect their own health, this cannot continue", it's quiet for a moment before Bruce sighs "You're absolutely right, as usual" he says "I don't neglect-" "Master Richard, you headed on patrol without backup, had miss Liana not had magic, you would be dead" "We're all messed up right now" Liana mumbles.

They stay around a week, during that time they all relaxed a bit, as much as possible anyway "Bored" Tim says, Bruce had cut them off the Wi-Fi because they kept playing games "Water guns" Liana mumbles making everyone look at her "What?" Damian asks, while Tim says "Nope" "We are not spraying each other with water guns" Dick says "We don't have to, we have Bruce as target, I mean, he's the reason we're in this mess" Liana says making Damian chuckle "Alright, Dick and Tim, go ask Bruce for the Wi-Fi back and if he refuses Lia and I will make him regret his decision" "Let's go" Tim says. Bruce frowns "There are plenty of other things to do" he says "But we did them all!" Tim says "Even Lia won with chess from Dami once, that's how often they played" "No means no, you know that" Bruce says making the two sigh, but Tim quickly drags Dick to safety and Bruce gets the full blow of the water "Nice shot" Lia says and she looks at Bruce "What are you two doing?" Bruce asks finally seeing the two "Well- we were bored so Lia suggested we'd shoot you with water guns" Damian says "It doesn't matter what you do-" Bruce gets cut off when Tim hits him with a water balloon "You four planned this" Bruce comments "We'll keep going until we get our gametime back" Liana comments "And trust me, we are not going to run out of water anytime soon" Damian adds.

Alfred eventually turns the wifi back on and he sighs "Next time master Bruce, don't take their video games away longer then a day at most" he says helping Bruce out of his soaking wet clothes "Noted Alfred" Bruce says.