Chapter 34: Don't Go In There!

Hopefully my lazy butt gets this chapter done! ;—;

(Y/n) POV

I sighed nervously, how am I gonna explain this to anyone?!

'Oh yeah! I just have my friend here (which is a guy!) who decided to come with me to work today! Please don't mention that he's wearing MY clothes!!'

Yeah, no.. hopefully they don't realize the clothes thing. I can't tell you how many looks I'll get! Either the 'ooh she got someone~' look, or the 'who and why is that?' Look. I swear I'm not pulling up porches!! Love was never my interest! UGH- wait I have an idea! I can practically see it turning out!

"(Y/n)? Why are you staring at the building with that weird smile thing you do, that I know something bad is going to happen?" Dust said raising an 'eyebrow' or 'face-bone' as I like to call it.

"Don't question my antics!!"

"I'm questioning you personally.."

"Shush! I'm thinking!"

Dust huffed, "you are very ridiculously confusing and stupid at the same time. I don't even know how you do it, but somehow you do" he grumbled.

"Aha!"

"You didn't even hear me, did you.."

"Huh?"
What did he say?

"Nothing.. you deaf goat.." he mumbled that last part beneath his breath. I marched into the building with a confident smile, Dust in tow. "You finally walked in the building (y/n)! You were taking an eternity!" Sandy complained slightly. "Haha.. I know" I said rubbing my shoulder awkwardly. I walked into the employees lounge. "Good morning boss" I said, "(y-y/n) I told you to call me- uhh.. who is this?" Darrow said pointing at Dust, "this is my neighbor's kid Durake!" I said pointing at Dust, "I know he looks older, but he's just a little tall, he actually is 4 years younger than me.." I trailed off, okay yeah, I suck at planning! But I still have an okay story to back me up! "Why is he wearing you're clothes?" Welp he realized it! Think, think! Darrow stared at me, a concerned look appearing on his face, blinking his green eyes. "Ummm.. he's kinda a bad kid.. he fell into a puddle.. haha, isn't that right buddy" I elbowed him once or twice. Now Dust was having a moment of silent rage, he glared at me with the most fiery glare of all time, if looks could kill, I would be long gone! I swayed kinda, "he.. he's umm.. a little shy, he doesn't really like talking all that much, but if you know him, he's like a little gremlin!" Darrow blinked, he seemed unconvinced but he mentioned nothing of it. "Oh so he's coming along for the day?" Sandy came; I think she heard in on the conversation- let me rephrase that, awkwardly talking to you're manager that you brought along you're neighbor's kid who is like one foot taller than you, but apparently has a 4 year age gap, who's wearing you're clothes and has a half-baked story that he fell into a puddle- yeah conversing!!
"Yeah he is!" I said, "I have to keep an eye on him because his parents are on a vacation!" I said, "well o-okay then! Welcome to the Snack Shop, (y/n) is one of are best workers and I b-bet she makes a fun neighbor!" Darrow stuttered with a smile. "Yeah, okay" Dust said. His deep and husky voice does not help with this situation.. at all!

Darrow's POV

I thought (y/n) said she has no neighbors, and that the house next door is probably haunted.. i guess it's not my business but.. is this guy a ghost from the house next door?!

Sandy's POV

Now I don't really know what to say... I just came to the conclusion that (y/n)'s neighbor is her boyfriend, gosh I'm so stupid! I'm going to have to say sorry!

Back to (y/n)'s POV

Phew, I got out of that one barely. Suddenly Sandy latched onto my arm dragging me to the bathroom, leaving Dust and Darrow alone in the employee's lounge. "I just wanted to say.." Sandy said not making eye contact, "I'm really sorry about saying that he's you're boyfriend, I should've been less stupid. It's just you haven't had a boyfriend since high school and I know that you're not interested in love anymore.. so I kinda thought that you were giving love another chance.." she trailed off, "sorry for making you uncomfortable." I stared at her, I suddenly felt guilty, "no, no! Don't be sorry love is love! I just don't feel like I'm ready yet! You didn't really know, it's kinda my fault really.." Sandy smiled, but then she frowned eyebrows furrowing, "by the way, I didn't realize but.. where's your bitty?" "Huh? Oh yeah, Him! I left him at home, I trust him enough to not destroy my whole house.." I said putting my hand on my neck smiling nervously, 'dang, I forgot about that part' I thought mentally face-planting myself into the nonexistent floor. Welp I suck at planning... I walked out the door only to find Dust gone?.. where's Dust?!

"Dust!?"

Welp guess I was right about ending this chapter, YaLsAY!! But yeah should I call this a cliffhanger or not?... ehhhh-

Well see you next chapter!

Byeeeee-

~mbaird422