Chapter 44: Demons

Aaaaaaand aaaactionnnn-

Also RIP the Halloween Special😿

(Y/n)'s POV

I remember as a little girl I always snuck to the kitchen at night to sneak one of those caramel candy's that my mom used to buy. One time, I got caught by her.. I remember her making up a story about a demon that hides in holes and cracks. She told little me that she thinks one lives in the kitchen walls, because of a abandoned mouse hole that was in the kitchen. The story was that the demon hunts at night for little kids, and that it's really small but it becomes larger and scarier the more naughty you are. She gave it tons of different details, like large ears, sharp teeth, and claws.. red eyes. She called it the Tapper for it taps its large claws on hard surfaces to warn that its coming. I remember the most saying that I wasn't scared of it, saying that it was all a children's tale, that "I don't believe in those!"

Would it be a lie to say I don't believe in demons now?..

~

Once our plan was set, both me and Dust told it to Josh and Rashaa. They thought it was a great idea, but Josh seemed a lot less sure then Rashaa. He asked us

"Is there a plan B?"

That question was left unanswered. For me and Dust could only glance at one another in uncertainty. The plan we got was highly risky. Someone can easily get hurt. But there was nothing else we could come up with. Nothing else that would work.

I'm scared, never been more afraid in my life. More afraid then the night I heard tapping in the kitchen walls when I tried to be sneaky again..

There's so many things that can go wrong, so many things. Like they say sometimes

"nothing is more scarier then reality.."

I knew it was true, but I never looked into it that much.

That day we charged for the bustling town, that seems a lot like a city just a tad smaller and less crazy. Our main objective is to find a Star, Dust thinks their in the town somewhere because all of mine and his encounters with Chara were in the town. We got to at least find one of them. Then we are going to try to find Chara before she finds us. And here we are, the 4 of us standing in the town square looking at each other with hidden determination and nervousness. People were walking past us not listening in on our upcoming conversation. Rashaa was the first one to speak up ever since we got out of the car.

"Where do we start?" She asked with a  voice.

Dust's gazed at her through the sunglasses. "I think we have to split up," He said calmly "it's the fastest way." He said bowing his head. "It certainly isn't the safest either, so be careful." Josh jumped in

"I'm going to stay with Rashaa if that's okay," he said, glassy blue eyes shining in the afternoon sunlight, "I don't want to leave her alone knowing that there's a killer in these streets that could be targeting specifically you two," He explained with his fist tight "and we are on the same team. We are are just ordinary humans compared to you two.. Chara could use that to to her advantage!" Dust said nothing for a few seconds. He is thinking, I can tell by the way he glares into the ground with a hard look, he was thinking negatively on all this, most likely.

"Okay, fine.. but Josh you need to keep your taser one the palm of your hand at all times." Dust pointed a gloved hand at the electrifying weapon in his coat pocket.

Did I mention that Josh brought a high-voltage taser in his pocket? He said "just in case something bad happens!" With a worried look in his luminous, blue eyes. He sure doesn't know what he's going to use it on.