Chapter 35: You've Lied?

I might take a smol break for a few days..

(Y/n) POV

"Dust?"

Next thing I know I'm running to Darrow's office, since he wasn't at the lobby either. He was most likely in his office sipping his tea.

"Darrow!" I said in slight panic.

I can't let Dust out of my sight, what If something really bad happens and I'm not there to stop it!? I mean, he is in a pretty bad disguise! "(Y-y/n)!" Darrow said in surprise when I just randomly barged in his office. "Uh- you know where Durake went? I can't leave him alone." I said trying to keep my cool, "yeah, he said he wanted to g-go to the roof.." Darrow trailed off "I should've asked you before giving him the location of the door, but he seemed like he wasn't going to do anything bad so I d-did.." he said frowning. "That's okay! Thanks for telling me!" I said rushing out the door.

(Time-skip)

When I made it to the stairs that led to the roof, I finally was out, and on top of the store. I panted, geez I should really take up running again! My eyes trailed up to see a hooded figure standing there. With his hands in his pockets, Dust turned around to look at me, "hey.." he greeted kinda awkwardly. "Hi.." I breathed out, "what's going on up here? A party?" I joked chuckling lightly. Dust smiled lightly, his anger from earlier gradually disappeared. "I didn't feel like inviting you" he joked back. "But now that I'm up here, I'll consider it.." he looked back at the city close by and the trees. "What really brings you up here?.." I said walking by his side. "I don't really know.. I guess something about seeing the sun and sky gives me a feeling of happiness.." he said not making eye contact. "Because I really needed it after you made that stupid plan, that I'm a stupid kid!" He snarled, now glaring at me, "sorry I suck at planning" I said laughing, slightly while rubbing my arm out of instinct . "Well.. It worked.." Dust said, "and I'm glad that it did" he sighed. He turned around walking towards the door, "cmon!" He called out "let's get this over with, so I can get out of these ridiculous clothes!" He was now back to his original grumpy self.

"Yeah!.. Hey? Wait for me!"

(Time-skip)

"Woo! I am donzo!" Well not exactly I'm on my break and then in 40 minutes or so, then I'm done. I walked out with Dust, this time Sandy didn't come with me because she's spending her break with Darrow, but I don't really mind! "So where do you want to eat?" I said strolling through the sidewalk, "do I look like I know these streets?" Dust shot back. "I'm just asking, geez.." I said rolling my eyes. "Ooh! I know" I grabbed onto his arm dragging him to a small stand. "really, icecream?" Dust said, shooting me an unimpressed look. "That's very unhealthy you know" he scolded, "well I'm not even human, and icecream is like super good, so win-win!" I said pumping my fist. "You're really immature.." Dust grumbled. Remembering a certain day full of broken smiles and happiness.

(Flashback)

"You're really immature.." a short skeleton said while chuckling. A little brunette laughed while eating icecream, "but it's really good!" She giggled. "what's you're mom going to say?" The skeleton asked with a grin. "The real question is what she's gonna say to you!" The little one joked, poking his non-existent stomach. "I don't know what is she gonna say to me?" He asked. She laughed "I got it!" She said putting her fingers in the sides of her head symbolizing the motherly monsters horns "Sans-" she was caught off by shrill voice, "SANS!!" A taller Skelton barged in "Sans! Have you seen my glove I can't find it anywhere?!" He said in his usual loud voice with a thick accent. "Sans! Are you giving the human icecream before dinner?! That's very immature of you!" He scolded a look of surprise on his face. "Woah chill bro." The older skeleton puns. "I do not need to chill- NYEH?!" He stopped mid sentence "you made me say that on purpose didn't you Sans!" The older skeleton stomped his foot on the ground in frustration. The human girl started laughing. "See! the human agrees with me! You should not do that!" The skeleton said, "yeah, whatever you say bro" the skeleton shrugged, "NYEH! NYEH! NYEH!" The skeleton laughed proudly of himself, at finally getting his brother to 'understand'...

(Flashback end)

Dust's POV

Dust sighed. He's in the present but still stuck in the past.. damn this horrid curse, damn Chara, damn everything! Why can't he just smile for once, and not think about the past?! The past was all he was smiling for, really. But that can't be true.. you somehow made him smile, whenever it's on the inside or outside.. it was always you! But why? What is it about you that makes him smile? Was it when you smiled? Was it when you always had that glint in you're eyes, that told him you were ready to make it right? Just like back then when you first met?..

Was it you're everlasting determination?

It didn't remind him of the kid, it was like.. something new..

Now he hasn't experienced anything new before, for a long time. You're determination was different, yet difficult. It was complicated in the simplest way, so much that he can't even decipher it..

Just what is it about you?

"(Y/n)!?"

(Y/n) POV

"(Y/n)!?"

"Huh! Oh Rashaa what are you doing here?" I said smiling. I don't get what I was I so surprised about, we somehow meet up in places almost all the time.
"Hmm, just taking a nice little stroll with Ace!" She pointed at the small Horror!Bitty on her shoulder, tucked between a few strands of her caramel hair, which was put up into her usual pony tail. "Eating icecream?" She said. "Yeah! Oh, and this is my neighbor's kid Durake.. he is uh, staying at my house for awhile! Cus his family is out on a vacation!" I nodded, "he's four years younger than me.." I finished. "I thought you said you had no neighbors?.." Rashaa said, "oh.. well uh, when did I say that again?" I asked sweating nervously. "At the hospital?" Rashaa said, blinking a few times.

"(Y/n) are you hiding something?"

Rashaa said with evident suspicion. "H-hiding? No, of course not!" I said swiping my hand in the air, with a nervous smile. "(Y/n), you're lying.." Rashaa said with a frown. I looked at Dust for some sort of backup, he didn't say anything.. just stared at me, I can tell his eyes are trying to tell me something. 'Tell the truth' they seem to say. "Um.. fine, I am lying, but please do not freak out when I say this but.." I walked closer to her and whispered,

"This.. this is actually Dust.."

This is it guys, this is the last humorous chapter.

the next chapter's will be confusing and misleading, they are really gonna be serious.

and it is soon when a chapter called The End will come..

I'm going to take a small break from writing and then I'll be right back at it!!

Bye!

~mbaird422