𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖔𝖓𝖊

❛❛ why do you dislike the rain so much? ❜❜

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ❀ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

her actions finally dawned on her, jiyeol pulling back rather quickly.

she mentally scolds herself for stepping over the line. she just hugged her boss - the one person that she knew probably didnt like her very much.

it surprised her that he didnt push her away.

a blush creeps up to her cheeks, a clear sign of her embarrassment. she was just grateful that it was dark or else the man would have seen her cherry face.

seonghwa clears his throat, pressing his lips into a line as he stands up, crossing his arms in the process.

jiyeol looks up and finally realizes that she, in fact, was not inside her apartment. against the darkness that surrounded them both, she could make out that she was clearly in a different environment.

involuntary sniffing, she smells the familiar mixture of mint and lavender - courtesy of the scented candle that burned atop one of his drawers, and makes up the assumption that she was inside the raven haired's room.

the big floor length windows that occupied one side of the room had its curtains pulled back, the light from the city somehow illuminating his room in a subtle glow of white.

the rain had stopped, leaving only the small droplets that slid down the clear glass.

"what time..." she lets her question drift as she plants her feet down, touching the soft carpet flooring.

"its 3:01am" seonghwa answers, his voice distinctly softer "i had been trying to wake you up for a couple of minutes now, but you wouldn't budge"

the girl looks down.

the ceo sighs as he approaches her, debating whether squatting down to her height was a little too much - he was still her boss, so he wasnt sure if it would be appropriate.

biting his lip, he gives in, hesitantly bending his legs so that his face was just directly in front of her "was it that bad?"

jiyeol then became hyper aware with the space between them, her heart pounding so loud that she could only hope the man wasnt able to hear it.

she hesitantly peeks over her lashes, meeting eyes with his grey ones - those painstakingly familiar orbs that made her want to cry once again.

she nods before clearing her throat "im really sorry to burden you mr. park... i didn't mean to steal your bed for the night nor pass out, i- the rain... im really sorry"

"you should be" though he said it in his usual monotonous voice, she could sense that tint of playfulness. it actually made her smile a bit. "i was still awake, so you dont have to feel bad for waking me up and for stealing my bed"

he tilts his head "why do you dislike the rain so much?"

the question made her earlier dream reappear - the sound of rain, voices and battle ringing in her ears.

"no particular reason" she mumbles, fidgeting with her fingers.

seonghwa looks down to her hands, gaining the temptation to actually hold them - maybe he could stop the trembling.

"you know... i also dont like the rain"

jiyeol fully looks up, her curious eyes meeting with his once more "why?"

"no particular reason"

the brunette squints her eyes, a little irritated at the man's chosen words. he was just copied her answer! and the girl didnt even know whether he was being serious or not.

jiyeol twists her lips to the side "but wait! why arent you asleep yet?"

seonghwa shrugs "i was still finishing up some work"

the girl blinks, not really sure what to feel. though she should be worrying about herself right now, hearing the man say the he was still awake at 3 in the morning, finishing up work when office hours were at 9am.

doesnt he rest?

"you should sleep, mr. park... its not healthy overworking yourself. MARS wont be mad if you continue your paperwork during actually work hours"

he chuckled. he actually chuckled, and the sound surprised her - both for the shock that she actually made him produce such sound, but as well as the fact that her heart was acting up at that one simple thing.

stupid muscle, not the time!

jiyeol aims to stand up, not wanting to burden the raven haired anymore.

"stay" seonghwa jots out, making the girl freeze in her spot "its late... i'll just tell someone to drive you back to your apartment tomorrow"

jiyeol opens her mouth to deny, but stops as the man stands, hurriedly exiting the room before she could even utter another word.

a heavy sigh escapes her lips as she dives back to the comfort of the raven haired's bed. his sheets were warm and fluffy, soft as it bundles around her body.

she blankly stares at the ceiling above, her mind too awake to return back to her slumber - it wasnt that she wanted to anyway, her dream - nightmare even - was still haunting every inch of her mind.

her body was tired, yet she didnt want to succumb to sleep.

"its too dark in here" she mumbles.

even with the windows open, the light from outside was still not enough to give her that security... now that she was alone, she kinda misses her egotistic boss's presence.

jiyeol looks around for a lamp, her hand cluelessly roaming to the side in an attempt to find the light switch. as she feels something that could be the object she was searching for, she flicks it on.

the girl could feel her mouth open in awe, her eyes shining as her head looks above and into the ceiling.

stars.

small glowing dots littered the ceiling in beautiful luminescence, hundreds of them twinkling in slow gentle patterns.

the ceiling projected the night sky.

jiyeol lays flat on her back as she shamelessly sprawls her limbs, keeping her eyes locked at the projection.

it was fascinating, how a man like park seonghwa had something like this in his room.

staying in the position she assume the man to be in if he were here, the longer she looked the more she felt that tug in her heart - a sense of both loneliness and longing.

is this what he feels?

she blinks away the incoming tears, slapping her forehead in the process.

why are you getting so emotional?! you're a bigger crybaby than yeonjun now.

she huffs as she drifts her eyes to the side. just near the corner, she spots a bigger projection - one that showed the moon.

her brows furrow in confusion.

normally, when people think of the moon and maybe draw it and whatnot, they would depict it as a big circle - a full moon.

but inside the ceo's room, the man had depicted the moon in the shape of a crescent.

ngl it's good to be back :> i missed u all sm and I'll prolly start reading all your messages because its been too long since i did :( thank you to everyone who stayed and waited <3