Chapter 3: Meeting Baron Flynt

Y/N POV

It had been about a week since I took over Old Haven from it's previous Bandit occupants and recently some pretty disturbing rumors had been spreading as of late that was causing trouble for the soldier's morale.

Those rumors spoke of four people known only as the Vault Hunters, who'd all made quite a name for themselves recently. The first I heard of them was when they reportedly killed Sledge, a Bandit who'd been terrorizing the Arid Badlands. I then heard of them again when they killed Mad Mel, a vehicle obsessed Bandit who'd been wreaking havoc in the Dahl Headland. The most recent case was just the other day when they had supposedly killed Krom, yet another big-shot Bandit.

Now while they hadn't directly interfered with Lance affairs, they had acquired two pieces of the Vault Key. The first from Sledge and the second from Krom, I heard they also got a third but the details of that encounter weren't clear. Something about a Rakk Hive.

Now the fact they possessed three of the four pieces to the Vault Key we needed instantly placed them on our hit list. That leads to our current situation.

As you may have guessed, I was currently in charge of the Lance garrison at Old Haven but that changed when I received a communication on my Echo device. I pulled it from my pocket and answered as I saw my mother's face on the other end.

I spoke to the Echo. "Hello mother, what do you need?" My mother got right to the point. "I have new orders for you Y/N." I responded "What do you need?" She went on to explain. "I'm sure you've heard about the 'Vault Hunters' that have been causing problems as of late?"

I nodded "Then I'm sure you know that they already possess three pieces of the Vault Key. I want you to go and acquire the fourth." I asked "Where do I go to get that?" She responded "It is in the possession of the Bandit Lord known as Baron Flynt. You are to get that key and rendezvous with me at the Crimson Enclave. I am in the process of gathering the other three."

(Yes I know Baron Flynt didn't actually possess a Vault Key piece but in this story he did but gave it away before the Vault Hunters showed up.)

I asked "How to you suggest I get it from him? And what about the Old Haven garrison?"  She promptly responded "General Pollux insisted on taking over the Garrison. As for getting the key fragment. You will offer him and his men a pardon of all crimes committed against the Atlas corporation as well as a chance to get revenge on the Vault Hunters for killing his men. Steele out."

With that she signed off and I just looked at it before putting it away. I stood up from my seat and went outside. I approached two Badass Infantry soldiers before saying "You two, come with me." They both saluted men saying "Yes sir!" before following close behind me.

Image of a Badass Lance Infantry:

The reason I chose Badass soldiers was because I knew about Baron Flynt's little setup on the Salt Flats

The reason I chose Badass soldiers was because I knew about Baron Flynt's little setup on the Salt Flats. And I knew it was well fortified. Me and the two soldiers went out to one of the Lancers before departing for the Salt Flats.