Chapter 14: Moxxi's Up Over Bar and a Job Offer

Y/N POV

Following the little Claptrap revolution, I decided I needed some time to myself, I left the Crimson Enclave in the hands of my soldiers while I travelled Pandora. I roamed the various areas of the planet until I heard something interesting.

I saw something talking about ship rides to Pandora's moon Elpis. I figured I would need some time far away from my duties. So I bought a ticket and got on the rocket which set off for Elpis. About a year or so later, I was still there and that's where our new story begins.

At this moment I was sat in a place called Moxxi's Up Over Bar which was located in a town called Concordia, the biggest Spaceport on Elpis.

I chugged down my drink before placing my hand up. Soon, the woman in charge of the place, Moxxi herself emerged and approached me asking in that usual seductive voice "Need something Sugar?"

Image of Moxxi:

I looked at her calmly before responding "Could I get a refill please?" She responded "Coming right up Sugar

I looked at her calmly before responding "Could I get a refill please?" She responded "Coming right up Sugar." She turned around before walking away again. I then was distracted when I heard someone coming into the bar. They went over to the counter before walking over to the dance floor to talk with Roland and Lilith I found out their names were.

Yes I knew they were here before hand, and they knew I was here. But it didn't cause conflict, they were on vacation together and I just wanted to be away from all the military business for a while. So we kept to ourselves.

After they had spoke with my two old acquaintances I was surprised to see that it was in fact two people, not one. I actually recognized one as well. Now we hadn't ever met in person but if I was right she was Lady Aurelia Hammerlock. Why she was slowly approaching me I don't know.

Image of Aurelia Hammerlock:

She was accompanied by a very scrawny man who wore a brown jacket with a yellow H on the back as well as a yellow T-shirt with the Hyperion logo emblazoned across the front of it

Image of Jack's Body Double (Timothy Lawrence):

I could here a voice coming from an Echo log on one of them saying "Yeah that's him, Colonel Y/N Knoxx

I could here a voice coming from an Echo log on one of them saying "Yeah that's him, Colonel Y/N Knoxx. Former Crimson Lance, yeah we definitely need him on the team." After that the scrawny guy spoke in an awkward tone which was identical to the voice on the Echo.

"Hey um pal? Hyperion needs your help to-" He was cut off when Aurelia stopped him saying "Oh cease your ramblings Jack." So it seems that the man was called Jack hmm? Interesting.

Aurelia turned to me saying "Now allow me to introduce myself, I am Lady Aurelia Hammerlock. Me and my cohort here are on Elpis in search of a Jamming Signal that is causing problems to Helios Space Station which has been overrun by a group called the Lost Legion."

I just stared at her as she continued "Our employer believes you will be a useful addition to our team." I thought about it for a moment before asking "Okay. What do I get out of it?" This time Jack answered "Whatever money you want I'm sure Hyperion could pay you."

I thought about it before saying "Very well. I'll tell you what, if you locate where the Jamming Signal is, I would be more than happy to assist you." Aurelia exclaimed "Then we're in business!" Jack added "Now all we need to do is find Moxxi."

As if on cue Moxxi returned with my drink, handed it to me before she turned to Aurelia and Jack and began talking. I didn't listen to most of it as I was busy with my drink, but I did here some things. About transmitters and apparently their employer was also called Jack which I found odd.

Soon both Aurelia and Jack wandered off and I asked Moxxi "What was that about?" She shrugged before saying "They work for an old flame of mine. Once I'm done helping them, I'll be square with him."

I nodded in understanding and finished off my drink while Moxxi went on to argue with her Claptrap underling, B4R-BOT.

Image of B4R-BOT:

I just sat at the counter and waited for a while until eventually I was approached once again by Aurelia and Jack

I just sat at the counter and waited for a while until eventually I was approached once again by Aurelia and Jack. The latter of which spoke "We've tracked down the Jamming Signal." I looked expectantly as I asked "And? Where is it?"

Aurelia answered "At a place called Crisis Scar. Do you know where that is?" I responded "It's out on the other side of the Triton Flats. We'll need one of those Moon Zoomies to get out there." Jack responded "Great! Let's go!" I nodded and said "Right."

Aurelia addressed me before we left though saying "Oh by the way, we have four other members of our team who are waiting outside, we'll introduce them now." I nodded as I followed the two out.

I was about to meet the other members of this little team and I'll be honest. If someone told me who two of them were, I wouldn't have agreed so willingly.

Author's Note: Here's Chapter 14 and the first Chapter in my  Pre-Sequel segment. Originally I wasn't going to do a Pre Sequel part but I started playing it again recently and decided I wanted to. Also I had to for my Borderlands 2 part to properly make sense. I hope you enjoyed and thank you once again for reading.