Chapter 54: The Grand Opening and a Surprise Reunion

Y/N POV

Eventually I recovered from my injuries and it was my intention to just retire, leave my men with the Crimson Raiders and disappear. However before I could have a chance at doing that I received an Echo from Moxxi of all people! 

I hadn't heard from her ever since her attempted assassination attempt against Handsome Jack on Helios in which she nearly killed me. I was half tempted to ignore the Echo but it sounded urgent. "Y/N, you have no reason to trust me but I need your help with a job, drop by and I'll fill you in."

I shrugged, I suppose there was no harm in another final adventure. I made my way to Moxxi's bar on Sanctuary, sure enough she was sat on one of the stools waiting for me. Aside from a change in clothes and hair she was basically the same.

Image of Moxxi:

I noticed that the Vault Hunters were already here and she was showing them a video

I noticed that the Vault Hunters were already here and she was showing them a video. It was an old Hyperion advert for a space Casino named 'The Handsome Jackpot' I'll be honest, seeing and hearing Handsome Jack again was uncomfortable as it gave me Angel flashbacks.

Eventually I chose to spoke "What is it you called me here for?" Moxxi paused the video before turning to me and the Vault Hunters explaining "Jack's dead. But he left some things behind. I want that Casino. I've called Y/N here because he know alot about Handsome Jack given their shared history. Ready to bring down the house Sugar?"

Putting my hands up I said "Hold up, what's this all about?" Moxxi informed me. "Handsome Jack, built a Casino named the 'Handsome Jackpot' before his death. I want it, and I'll need your help with it since you have lots of experience with Handsome Jack. Are you in?"

Nodding slowly before saying "Sure, I'm in." With that we set Sanctuary 3's coordinates for the location of the Handsome Jackpot, apparently it was a large space station that orbited near a black hole.

Image of the Handsome Jackpot:

We went to the drop pot and all got inside

We went to the drop pot and all got inside. The pod landed on the floating, space Casino and we all disembarked. Instantly I turned to the Vault Hunters and spoke sternly "Follow me, and be careful what you touch. If I know Handsome Jack, and I DO! There are bound to be loads of traps around."