Chapter 33: Showdown at High Noon

Y/N POV

It didn't take me long to travel from the Tundra Express to the Dust, I didn't bother going back to the Crimson Enclave, so I just got a Runner from the nearest Catch a Ride. Once I arrived at the Dust, I instantly made my way to the nearby train station.

I knew one thing about the train here and that was that it would take me to the Bandit town of Lynchwood and where my friend was. However I would have to keep my wits about me as I knew Lynchwood was a dangerous and rough place.

Once the train arrived at it's destination I quickly got off it and walked around the station for a moment until I found the exit. After leaving the station I was surprised at how quiet it was. To be honest I expected it to be loud and violent.

As if on cue however I heard the nearby sound of loud gunfire and yelling filling the air. I figured my best bet would be to follow the source of the noise, upon doing so I saw what seemed to be a group of Bandit Nomads surrounding someone.

Image of a Nomad:

At first I was thinking about helping however it didn't take long for whomever they were surrounding to begin shooting once again and in a matter of moments all the Nomads were dead

I looked surprised at who stood there and saw another Nomad standing in the centre of the bodies. One thing I instantly noticed about this one was his different attire with a large star on it. If I'm familiar with how the law here worked, if you could call it law, this was one of Nisha's deputies.

Image of Deputy Winger:

I attempted to approach the deputy and inquire about Nisha's whereabouts but before I could, he was already aiming his assault rifle at me ready to shoot, however before he could fire, an arm stopped him along with a voice firmly going "Stop!"

He lowered his rifle as the source of the voice stepped forward, it was a woman in traditional gunslinger attire, more importantly however not only that but she was also someone I recognized all too well.

The woman lifted her hat and offered a surprisingly friendly smile "Hello Y/N. How long has it been since we last saw each other?" She approached as we gave each other a somewhat friendly handshake with me responding "Hello Nisha, it's got to have been a few years now surely."

Image of Nisha's new Sheriff attire:

Like I mentioned before, while I was much closer with Aurelia and other Jack on Elpis, I was still quite good friends with Nisha and Wilhelm which of course continued given that the three of us still worked for Handsome Jack years later

Now in that time period, Nisha had become Handsome Jack's girlfriend and I knew if anyone could get me back in touch with him, it would be her. I also knew, thanks to Handsome Jack's support, she had easily become the Sheriff of Lynchwood and now practically ruled over the town with an iron fist.

Not that there was anything wrong with that mind you. Lynchwood was definitely in need of some cold, hard law. Now Nisha could clearly tell that I was in need of help with what she said next.

"As good as it is to see you again, I trust your not here for just a social visit am I right?" I nodded before saying "In an unfortunate turn of events, I lost contact with Handsome Jack, for obvious reasons I figured you would be the one who could get me back in touch with him."

Nisha appeared to think about it for a moment before saying "Yes, I could do that, but first I need your help with a little something." I tilted my head before asking "And what would that be?" Nisha then went on and explained.

"You see Jack set up a scheme in which the Vault Hunters were able to acquire a fake Power core that would actually disable Sanctuary's shields. Without that Helios unleashed an orbital bombardment which in turn caused them to relocate Sanctuary."

Now I was really confused "How did they do that?" She answered "The city flies now apparently, what? You haven't noticed the literal floating city in the sky now?" I shook my head "Can't say that I have."

She continued "After that, the Vault Hunters were sent to Thousand Cuts where they met with Brick, you remember him right? Big muscular guy with no brains to back it up? Anyway, let's just say he has a personal vendetta against me and has sent the Vault Hunters here to cause trouble, I have challenged them to one final showdown and now that your here you will provide support for me."

In all honesty I was surprised at how much had happened in my absence but I simply grinned saying "Sounds like fun." Nisha returned the grin saying "I knew you would. Now follow me to the location where our little showdown will take place." I nodded yet again and followed her to the area she had marked down on my Echo.

Once there all we needed to do was wait for the Vault Hunters to arrive, which of course eventually they did and yet another gunfight ensued. I actually kept in the shadows and didn't get involved in the fight for reasons I don't wish to mention.

However I instantly regretted my decision as eventually the Vault Hunters, which this time consisted of the soldier, the siren and the fat small guy, were able to kill Nisha. I looked at her lifeless body being looted by those blasted Vault Hunters and it took all my restraint not to attack them right then and there.

Shortly after they were gone I picked up her Echo and contacted Handsome Jack when he saw me he was initially surprised but when I explained that I survived he calmed down and gave me another order "Come back to the Bunker immediately. I need you there now!"

Little did I know that me refusing to attack the Vault Hunters here would come back to bite me in the ass hard later on when the Vault Hunters showed up at the Bunker.

I was beginning to notice a trend. First I lost my parents, then I lost two of my friends Wilhelm and Nisha, was there anything else the Vault Hunters could take from me? YES! Yes there was.

Author's Note: Here's a complete Chapter 33. I hope you enjoyed it. Now I've changed my mind about Borderlands 2 DLC, thanks to some support on an idea, I will be covering Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's booty as well as Mr Torgue's Campaign of Carnage. As always thank you for reading and I will have the next chapter up tonight hopefully.