Chapter 39: Trimming the Competition

Image of Mr Torgue:

Y/N POV

Following my sponsorship of Piston, it didn't take long for the word to spread and Mr Torgue ended up announcing it over the loud speakers to everyone. "BREAKING NEWS FIGHT FANS! WE'VE JUST RECIEVED WORD THAT THE CHAMPION, PISTON HAS JUST GOT HIMSELF A SPONSOR! AND SURPRISE, IT'S Y/N KNOXX, ONE OF THE SMARTEST PEOPLE ON PANDORA, BRAINS RULE!"

I just facepalmed to myself as me and Piston tried to come up with a way to remove the Vault Hunter from the tournament. It didn't take me long to realize that they would likely go after each of the other combatants first so that they could climb the ladder until they reach the top.

I pointed this out to Piston before I had another idea "I know. What if the competition knew about the Vault Hunter's arrival in advance? They prepare so that when the Vault Hunter shows up they're walking into a trap!"

Piston looked somewhat impressed, I swear this brute was so easy to manipulate, "Good thinking, I'll leave that task to you. I don't need to mingle with those lowlifes." I just shrugged and calmly responded "Fine."

I decided to start by Echoing the current holder of fourth place, Pyro Pete. I figured he would be their first target. All I needed was to for either him to kill the Vault Hunter or for them to kill him. Personally I preferred the former.

Image of Pyro Pete:

Before he could speak I instantly addressed him "Pyro Pete, this is Colonel Y/N Knoxx, it may interest you to know that a Vault Hunter is currently on route to your bar with the intent to kill you

Before he could speak I instantly addressed him "Pyro Pete, this is Colonel Y/N Knoxx, it may interest you to know that a Vault Hunter is currently on route to your bar with the intent to kill you."

Pyro Pete sounded skeptical as he asked "How can I trust you, I know about your sponsorship of the champion." I responded "Kill the Vault Hunter and I can promise you a reward far greater than anything you imagined, you will be named Pyro Pete the Invincible! How does that sound?"

Soon Pyro Pete responded "I like the sound of that. You've got a deal colonel." With that he signed off and I chuckled at how everyone in this tournament was basically like a pawn to me.

Alas, the Vault Hunters defeated Pyro Pete and I knew that they would be going after Motor Momma, the current third place holder, motorcyclist and a known cannibal. Oh how delightful.

Image of Motor Momma:

Our conversation was awkward to say the least

Our conversation was awkward to say the least. It started out with me contacting her like I did with Pyro Pete and I began speaking "Motor Momma, I have a deal for you." Instantly she seemed interested so I continued "You kill the Vault Hunter that is currently on their way to your hideout and I promise you, you will have the best feast you ever had."

Motor Momma looked ecstatic "My that sounds fun! Your such a gentleman, why don't you come over for dinner sometime!" I nearly vomited on the floor right then. Hey! I may be considered a villain to some and an anti hero to others but I have standards and cannibalism is disgusting no matter how you look at it.

To my joy this time, the Vault Hunter managed to kill Motor Momma and like I said this time I was happy with this result since Motor Momma absolutely disgusted me. But now the Vault Hunters were third place and all that stood between them and Piston was some little shit named Flyboy.

Image of Flyboy:

Speaking of Piston he approached me and spoke "I have an idea

Speaking of Piston he approached me and spoke "I have an idea." I sarcastically remarked "Wow, that's new. Please enlighten me." Piston seemed angered by continued "I have a little secret weapon I want to test on those Vault Hunters."

I asked two questions "What is this secret weapon of yours and what about Flyboy?" Piston chuckled, "That kid won't be a problem and as for the weapon let's just say you may have noticed the giant blimp flying around here-"

I instantly knew what he meant as I grinned and said "Very well. I like where this is going." Once me and Piston were both on board his airship we sent it to the area known as the Forge where Flyboy had set up residence with several Buzzards.

We arrived at the giant platform where we saw Flyboy hovering in his Buzzard and the Vault Hunter, below. It was obvious that they were about to fight but they didn't get the chance as Piston shot a rocket from the airship and killed Flyboy on the spot.

Mr Torgue announced "HOLD F*CK SH*T SOME HUGE GODAMN AIRSHIP JUST MURDERED FLYBOY!" I grinned to myself, true Piston was just a cheating coward but at the end of the day, he was expendable and this was my chance to kill the Vault Hunters.

Image of Piston's Blimp:

This was where things hopefully ended!

Author's Note: Chapter 39 is done. I really hope you liked it. I will try and get the next chapter up tonight which will be the final chapter of the Torgue's Campaign of Carnage segment. As always thank you for reading.