Chapter 24: The Race to the Vault

Author's Note: This chapter may be quite a long one. I hope you enjoy.

Y/N POV

As soon as we arrived back on Elpis, we instantly headed to the Triton Flats and made our way to the entrance to Vorago Solitude, where the Dahl Refinery that could potentially be the location of the Vault, was situated. As we approached the locked door, blocking our path we heard Jack over the Echo. "Hold up. I'll handle this."

Suddenly a moonshot container from Helios crashed right into the door, destroying it and now clearing our path through. Without that obstacle, we were free to just walk on through.

Upon entering Vorago Solitude, Jack once again contacted us. "Here's how it is. You search that site for a way into the Vault. We get there we get what's inside it. And we use it to kill Lilith, Roland and ALL those sons of bitches." Some of the team showed concern or disgust, Nisha and Wilhelm of course voiced their content with the idea, I however just grinned to myself, truth was, I agreed with the concept of revenge 100% and couldn't wait for the opportunity.

You know looking back at that moment now, I realize how much I changed in the period I worked for Jack, it wasn't until much later on that I began to regain some of my former self. You could say I was just blinded by rage but even now I don't know.

As we continued on our way, we received an Echo from what sounded like a little boy? I don't know  who he was but he said "Little rathyd told me you're on your way inside the moon! That's wicked! If you see anything you think's valuable, grab it for me eh?"

Once the kid signed off I asked "Um, who was that?" Aurelia was the one to respond "That's Pickle, a child who helped us with getting the A.I for the robots." I nodded in understanding and said "Fair enough."

After that we were contacted again, this time I recognized the voice as Nurse Nina, the nurse in Concordia who also ran the Healz machines across Elpis. She spoke in that thick accent "Gah! You go bad place and Nina worry. Watch self and use plenty Nina medicine. I see you soon yes? Do svidaniya!" I assume the last part was in her native language.

Once we proceeded further, we encountered a small encampment. Suddenly the door opened and we were attacked by Lost Legion soldiers? I was surprised that they were still trying to kill us, given that Zarpedon was dead.

Now at first things seemed normal, with just a few Marines lead by a Sergeant. They weren't too difficult and we shot our way through them with next to no effort.

Image of a Lost Legion Sergeant:

However one thing that I noticed was that quite a few of the soldiers had a very strange appearance

It was like being in this area had mutated them somehow. I'm not sure really what was wrong with them. Also worth noting, they all seemed to only wield fire elemental Laser guns which were proving much more of a nuisance to us than the standard Lost Legion we encountered on Helios.