Chapter 55: Assembling a Team

Y/N POV

My widened when I why I recognized him so much.

"Other Jack?!"

Other Jack responded "Actually my name's Timothy, Timothy Lawrence. Now that Jack's dead, I don't have to use my alias. Never mind that, how've ya been buddy?!" We met in a firm handshake. "I'm pretty good, I can tell your not."

FL4K asked me "You know this man?" I turned to them "Yes he's an old friend of mine. But back then he went by the name Jack. I didn't know his real name until just now." Other Jack, or Timothy I suppose his name is turned to the Vault Hunters and said.

"Again, I cannot stress this enough. I am NOT Handsome Jack." Zane commented "That's exactly what Handsome Jack would say." Timothy began speaking up again "Okay, look, it's all quite simple. I was a body double. I got paid to look like Jack, talk like Jack and, yeah I got injected with some of Jack's DNA so from time to time I want to strangle kittens. It's a long story. But my name is just Timothy."

Timothy kept going "Look, I know every unfortunate face in this Casino, but you're from the outside. No one would be crazy enough to come here. Wait are you all Vault Hunters?!" I commented "That they are, I was requested to accompany them and right now we need to get into Jack's tower."

Timothy blurted out "Haha buttface! Oh there's that DNA again. Oh but y'know what? Maybe we can help each other out. This-a-way!" He proceeded to run off as we all followed. He approached a console and showed off the robotic hand on a machine which responded "Doppelganger 21-C confirmed. Hey there Handsome, Winning Hand access granted!"

The door opened to reveal a storage room which the Vault Hunters used to resupply. He opened another door as we continued to run and Timothy explained that the entrance to the Tower was guarded by death turrets! Timothy suddenly said "Follow this fine ass cupcake!" And ran off yet again.

We went over to the broken teleporter and then went along to a nearby locked door which Timothy proceeded to open with his 'Winning Hand' 

He then spoke up once again. "I gotta get that teleporter fixed, might be a spare part in that room. Take a gander." He then held out a Hyperion SMG saying "Oh yeah, you should take this." He went on to explain why he was giving it to one of the Vault Hunters which ended up being Amara. 

"Corrosive melts away Loader Bot armor like skin. It also melts skin." I suddenly yelled "CORROSION!" Everyone looked at me as I shrugged asking "What?" Going into the room we were attacked by more Loaders but it was easy dispatching them. Once we got the part we returned to the teleporter and got it fixed.

Before teleporting away, Timothy spoke "Now if you want in that tower, your gonna need THIS handsome face. Meet me at my hideout and we'll talk tower. I'm trustin' you here kiddo."

Once he was gone we went back to the main courtyard where the bunker was and sure enough Timothy was waiting for us he welcomed us to his 'Casa de Timothy'

I looked around at the little hideaway area and muttered "Well this is cozy." The Vault Hunters went on to contact Moxxi, I didn't pay much attention to what was being said other than that Moxxi didn't trust either myself or Timothy.

Anyway, it was decided that the next step would be to gather up a team starting with a woman named Ember. While the Vault Hunters went off to do that, I decided to remain with Timothy and catch up on what we had missed since the events on Elpis.

The two of us sat down at a table in silence before I eventually spoke "So, what's been happening with you?" Timothy responded awkwardly "Oh, you know, this and that. The usual stuff. Gettin' shot at because I look like one of the evilest men alive. What about you? Did you ever finally get with Aurelia?"