Chapter 10: Siege on Lockdown Palace

Y/N POV

After getting past the Lance roadblock, I continued driving for some time until I arrived another gate, this one leading to the Deep Fathoms. Upon arriving there I instantly could see the armory off in the distance.

I headed to a nearby Crimson Lance outpost. Luckily they recognized me this time and quickly opened up the energy bridge so I could access Road's End. Once there, I got onto the highway which lead directly to the armory.

I followed that road along until I was at the Armory's gate, I was let in but once inside I was approached by two Crimson Lance soldiers, I instantly noted their green armor which meant that they were Crimson Lance Chemical Troopers.

Image of a Crimson Lance Chemical Trooper:

One of the soldiers addressed me "Colonel Knoxx

One of the soldiers addressed me "Colonel Knoxx. The General has ordered that I take you to him. Please follow me. I nodded as the two soldiers saluted before turning around and walking towards the Armory properly.

I followed behind and looked around at the place, considering how little time my father had been here, the place was already well fortified and in working condition.

I saw numerous soldier walking about, either patrolling or just being casual. I did notice quite a few more Chemical Troopers and even some Badasses, it seems they were mostly assigned to protect the armory.

Image of a Badass Lance Chemical Trooper:

I followed the soldiers along, through the armory until we eventually arrived at a door

I followed the soldiers along, through the armory until we eventually arrived at a door. One of the Chemical Troopers turned to me saying "The General is right through here." I nodded and said a quick "Thank you."

The two soldiers both saluted and said "Colonel." Before walking off down the corridor. I turned around before knocking at the door. I heard a voice on the other end saying "Enter." I opened the door and peered in.

My father was sat at his desk, smoking his cigar, looking bored out of his mind. I got his attention by saying "Hello dad." He looked up at me and smiled before standing up "Y/N you made it I see. The men here didn't give too much trouble did they?"