Chapter 44: Maliwan Invasion

Y/N POV

You know? When I agreed to be Atlas' new General, I wasn't expecting to be thrown into the deep end and place in the line of fire right away. However that's exactly what happened because less than even a week after I arrived on Promethea, it was attacked by the Maliwan Corporation.

From the window of Rhys' office we could see Maliwan Command Ships appear out of nowhere and begin deploying troops into the city. Luckily however, for the time being they couldn't breech the Atlas HQ Compound.

Image of a Maliwan Command Ship:

I turned to Rhys before saying "I'll sweep the city

I turned to Rhys before saying "I'll sweep the city. See if I can mount some form of resistance from there." Rhys nodded and said "Sounds like a good plan." As I left, I heard him give Zer0 an assignment of his own.

I returned to the elevator and descended back to the ground level. I gathered my team I brought with me along with some Atlas Soldiers. Upon exiting Atlas HQ we found that they still hadn't breeched the compound but upon exiting it was another story.

Me and my men went through the city, eventually making our way to the Meridian Metroplex. It was here where we fell into an ambush and were now being shot at by Maliwan Assault Troopers.

Image of a Maliwan Assault Trooper:

We weren't surrounded so all we needed was to find cover and soon were able to pick off each of the Maliwan troopers one by one

We weren't surrounded so all we needed was to find cover and soon were able to pick off each of the Maliwan troopers one by one. Once that little obstacle was out of the way, we resumed on our path.

Making our way further away from Atlas HQ we met more Maliwan soldiers and luckily thanks to my Eridian powers we were able to take them out with little to no issue. We made our way to the Meridian Outskirts where we could faintly here the sound of gunfire.

Even though it was only faint, I could still tell that it was nearby. We followed the sounds and sure enough we found a small cluster of Maliwan troopers, at first I thought it was a small Atlas soldier holdout but I was surprised when I saw a woman wearing makeshift war paint brandishing an Assault Rifle.

I decided to back her up and with our help, we shredded the troopers up now problem. With them dealt with I approached the woman as she stated "Blood hell! Sending in the cavalry aren't we? Name's Lorelei."