Chapter 48: Deception in the Jakobs Estate

Y/N POV

Having accidentally agreed to Troy Calypso's offer, Aurelia filled me in on what had happened prior to my arrival. Apparently Troy's sister Tyreen killed the previous CEO Montgomery Jakobs and now they were looking for his son and the true heir to the Jakobs Corporation, Wainwright Jakobs.

In addition, Aurelia recently had her brother Sir Alistair Hammerlock locked up in a nearby prison named the Anvil, a facility run by a member of the COV, a Goliath known only as the Warden.

Image of the Warden:

It also happened that Sir Hammerlock was the partner of Wainwright who apparently knew where the Eden 6 Vault Key fragments were located, which the Calypsos wanted so they could leech the monster within like they did on Promethea

However I knew of a downside which both Aurelia and the Calypsos seemed to forget about. If there really was a Vault here, then the Crimson Raiders and their Vault Hunters would be close behind and I am willing to bet that when they did, they would ally themselves with Wainwright and rescue Sir Hammerlock.

Timeskip...

Sure enough, exactly like I had predicted, the Vault Hunters showed up on Eden 6. We knew they had met with Wainwright and after that they stormed the Anvil and killed the Warden, freeing Hammerlock in the process.

It was at this point Aurelia made the Vault Hunters an offer, she would pay them a great sum of money and they would leave the planet in peace. But me and Aurelia weren't stupid, we knew that while the Vault Hunters distracted us, Wainwright and Hammerlock would sneak in and steal the the Vault Key fragment hidden within the Estate.

But we did come up with an idea to twist this in our favor. It started with us leaving the manor. Troy would wait in the dining room where they would eventually show up. Then he would get the Vault Hunters ,I was still refusing to call them Vault Thieves, and they would be out of our hair.

While Troy waited, me and Aurelia contacted him via these nifty hologram devices. As soon as we appeared I chose to ask both of them. "Are you sure they will turn up?" Aurelia nodded before saying "Of course, I directed them specifically to this room."

Troy grumbled "They had better show up soon." Suddenly he perked up and he said "Here we go, one second." He raised his hand and we heard the door to the dining room fly open as a blue orb came into view of the hologram, inside of which was the four Vault Hunters.

Troy began taunting them "Holy me! You should see the looks on your stupid faces!" Aurelia chimed in "The Vault Thieves, as promised." Troy turned to us and praised us "Not bad Baroness and General." He then added "But you still owe us a Vault Key."

Aurelia informed him "We are working on at as we speak." She then turned to the Vault Hunters before saying "Well, we will leave you to your fun. Good doing business with you, Vault Hunters." She shut her hologram off but mine remained as I said a final "Farewell Vault Hunters." Then I signed off as well.

Image of Aurelia's Betrayal (Just imagine Y/N as another hologram just next to Aurelia):

(I'll be honest, I was very upset when I found out Aurelia was working with the Calypsos

(I'll be honest, I was very upset when I found out Aurelia was working with the Calypsos. She was my main in the Pre Sequel and she's also my favorite Borderlands character, as some of you may have guessed. So finding out she was evil in this was kind of sad for me.)

Now that the conversation was over I turned to Aurelia and asked "So- when were you going to tell me about you and Troy?" Aurelia looked startled at my comment as she stuttered "W-what ever do you mean?"

I smirked a bit. "Oh I know what you two have been up to in my absence. BUT I won't judge. Let's just drop the subject here alright?" Aurelia responded "Yes, let's do that shall we?" I chuckled at how glad she was to move on from that subject, I had clearly struck a nerve with that one. 

What we didn't know at that moment was that Wainwright had saved the Vault Hunters from Troy and they had successfully escaped the Estate alive, now with knowledge that I was now working with Aurelia.

But this was still only the beginning of things to come.

Author's Note: That concludes Chapter 48. Now we're coming to the end of the second part of this segment. Part 1 was Promethea, Part 2 was Eden 6, the third one I will keep secret for now. However I will say I'm going to do a little extra than originally intended. Now I hope you enjoyed and as always thank you for reading.