Prologue

Prologue - September 1, 2017

"Come on, Dad!" I whined, as I took a moment to look back at my Father who wasn't too far behind me.

I pushed through the crowd, as I made my way through the entrance to King's Cross Station. Strange and unknown identities passed me by as I hurried forward. I didn't take the time to look at my surroundings and the people around me, as I usually did.

If I had my way with the crowd right now, I would've pushed my way through and would've been like: "OUT OF MY WAY, PEASANTS! GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!" Insert laughing thought here, I'm just kidding.

But that would've been somewhat funny to some extent.

It was September 1, 2017, and today would be my leave for my first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I was anxious, to say the least. I've always been surrounded by magic, but not too much since my father wanted a balance between the wizard and muggle world for me.

The station was crowded, and packed with many muggles of all ages. All minding their own business. I was fairly use to the presence of non-magical beings such as them. Seeing that I have grew up in their surroundings since birth. I was use to being pushed up against them in the crowded subways, or having to walk pass them on the streets of London. Not knowing how to use my powers exactly, I was practically one of them.

I stopped to the side, waiting for my Dad to catch up. When he finally did, he finally lead the way with me in tow.

"Dad," I spoke, coming up to his side. "They're all muggles, aren't they? I don't see anyone like me." It was fairly obvious to spot someone who would be of magic...Especially someone near my age, giving that they would be pushing a cart which carried a trunk, and a cage for their companioned pet. Similar to the cart my dad was currently pushing.

But there was no one at this station I could spot similar to me. In fact, there were hardly any people from my generation at all. I knew that regular muggle students started school later on in the month, so there weren't much kids my age around here.

Mostly just a bunch of boring grown ups in professional work wear.

My Dad and I finally came to a stop at the big pillar towards the middle of the station. I had remembered that we were to be dropped off at the platform of 9¾. Just like my dad had told me before.

Sure, I sounded anxious and a bit too excited...Not to mention eager to get to Hogwarts...

But then again, how in the hell am I suppose to even get to this school, if we can't even find the bloody platform!

As I tried to stand there patiently, waiting for my Dad to finish whatever he was doing, I looked around at the signs of the station and I found that we were under the sign of Platform 9. But if this was Platform 9, surely Platform 9¾ was somewhere near around here, right?

"Dad," I said impatiently, "I'm gonna miss the train if we're just standing here. But are you sure the platform is platform 9¾? I mean, there's no sign here listed at all! And why would this platform be around here anyway? I mean, shouldn't the place be a little bit more off away from where all the muggles are?"

My dad sighed, "Be patient, Elizabeth. 'Sides, we're getting here early anyways." He said, as I mentally gagged at the long name he and my mum gave me when I was born. "It's hidden, darling."

"But if this is the magical world we're talking about, wouldn't the station be hidden somewhere safer? Like, oh I don't know, underground? The country side? Or the jungle!?" I say in a somewhat sarcastic tone. "I mean, look at it this way. The Ministry is located through toilets, portkeys, fireplaces, apparation, and telephone booths."