Chapter 19: Tired

LIZZIE

The next thing I knew was that someone propped me up on their lap and had engulfed me into their arms, trying to comfort me. I was sort of startled, but then I was also comforted as well. I couldn't really tell who it was, since I didn't bother looking up to them. I could tell it was a guy, and not a girl.

For all we know it could be Al, but somehow, I knew it wasn't. It didn't feel like Al's touch, as I've been wrapped up in his arms loads of times before.

But as he propped me up onto his lap, and as I buried my face into the person's chest, I got a glimpse of who it was.

Fred.

Frankly, I was quite surprised at the moment. I was surprised to see him here, comforting me. When it was usually Al or Rose who was the one who did so. But I was even more surprised that I was seeing an entire deep side of Fred that I haven't experienced much before.

As he rubbed my back, I just kept on sobbing out. I was crying for what felt like hours. And during the time he's been here, we both haven't spoken a word. My weeping eventually calmed down, as the current of my tears started to dry up.

"Fred?" I said softly.

"Mm?" He replied, as he stroked my hair while my head was resting on the crook of his neck.

"What are you doing here?" I choked out.

"I saw you run out of The Three Broomsticks. Then saw your dad trailing out after you. I stopped him and asked him what happened." He answered back softly.

"And what he did say?"

"Said that he upset you. He wanted to chase after you, but I told him to leave it and that I'll go instead. I told him to leave."

"You didn't really answer my question." I said.

He didn't say anything for a moment, but eventually spoke. "I'm here to comfort you." He says.

After a couple moments, I said, "Thank you."

"So what did he say that upset you so much?"

"We were talking...Then he said of how disappointed he is. He said he had the right to know, and I know that...It's just that, it's hard to tell someone you've known your whole life that your going to die really soon." I said. " But when he mentioned that he was disappointed in me. I know he means that I'm a disappointment, Fred." My conversation with my dad replayed in my head, and my tears started to cloud my vision once again. "I feel worthless. A waste of space, useless. I don't belong in this life, Fred." I said. Without even noticing, I didn't even notice the tears that started to soak Fred's shirt.

I was beyond upset. I couldn't help the tears. I didn't want to cry right now, having Fred see such a vulnerable state that I'm in. But it just let out. Everything was a bit complicated in my life.

Screw it, everything was complicated in my life.

For being a pure-blood, mines sure did feel dirty with that cursed heart of mine sharing space in my body. Ugh, I hated my life at the moment. It's always the end that has to be hard.

Usually, I'd crack a joke in my mind to stop me from taking this too seriously, but no humor or sarcasm popped up in my mind. I was stuck on how much of a disappointment that I am.

"No." Fred said sternly, but then his voice transitioned back to a soft tone. "You're not worthless. You're useful as well. And you do not take up space. You're father loves you Liz. He didn't mean it in that way. He just wished that you could've told him sooner rather than last minute. He's just...frustrated."