Chapter 20: Live

ALBUS

The next day after Liz met up with her dad during the Hogsmeade trip, I felt like something was off. And I sure was right. To all of our surprise, Lizzie wasn't at breakfast today and then not at lunch.

That was really a huge surprise. She never missed a meal before. Let alone twice in one day. Like Fred, she was quite a pig when it came to eating. But I didn't care. I like girls who don't starve themselves. But hey, at least she still had table manners.

She was a pig with class.

"Rosie, where the bloody hell is Liz?" James asked impatiently as the three of us walked out of the Great Hall, as we just finished up lunch. We were one of the last people there actually, and lunch stopped serving at 1:3O PM. It was about 1:35 and Liz didn't even show up.

"I really don't know." Rose said. "This morning, I told her to get up, but she told me she'd catch up instead. Guess she wanted some sleep. I came to get her for lunch and she was gone. I don't know where she went."

"Reckon something bad happened?" I asked.

"Highly doubt it." Rosie said. "She's just, worn out from yesterday."

"Worn out?" James asked incredulously as he snorted. "That's an understatement. Her emotions should be everywhere after what she's been through yesterday. She felt rejected from her own father."

"Which she wasn't, for your information." Rose said as her eyes narrowed to my brother. "She's in pain about everything around her, James."

"Her emotions are as if it got hit by the night bus!" James exemplified.

I rolled my eyes and said, "Now you're just exaggerating."

"Thank you, James Potter the II for giving us some wonderful examples." Rose said in a flat voice, clearly annoyed by James and his stupid comments.

"You're welcome." James beamed, unfazed by Rose's sarcastic and flat thanks. I swear, my brother's an idiot sometimes. "But I'm serious though. The boys and I were talking last night. He reckons that he's never seen her so upset." I nodded in agreement. Last night me, James, Louis, Hugo and Freddy's been talking about what happened earlier that day.

We were all walking back over to the Common Room. After a few minutes of silence, Rose spoke, "Reckon anyone else seen her today?" James and I shrugged. "You think that we should go search for her?"

Knowing her so well, she wouldn't want that. I shook my head at them and said, "Don't. She wouldn't want us to bother her. Plus she doesn't want us to get worried."

"Bu-" Rose started to protest.

"No buts. We don't want her thinking that she needs to be helpless. It's bad enough she thinks she's a burden." I say.

Both of them sighed, but eventually agreed.

It was quiet at the table. Too quiet.

It was finally dinner. A time where we dug in and happily ate to our heart's content without any worries.

Hakuna Matata.

But right now, the last thing there was right now were no worries.

I was pleased to say that Liz managed to show up to dinner. However, she said nothing. We didn't say anything when she came down, expecting her to say anything, but she didn't. She showed up as if missing practically a whole day was nothing.

None of us could eat fully without being bothered with Liz's current way of acting.

She wasn't doing anything bad, like shouting or hexing spells at us. But what bothered us was that she said nothing.