Chapter 18: Disappointment

LIZZIE

It was a Saturday and it's been since yesterday that I've gotten a letter from Dad. Once again sitting at the table at breakfast, I was chewing on a piece of bacon frustratingly, as I stabbed by eggs with my fork.

"Jesus, Liz!" Lily spoke up. "You might as well use the killing curse on those eggs."

"Sorry." I muttered. It was around 8 AM, and somehow I managed to wake up early. I tried going back to sleep but my body thought otherwise. When I got to the Great Hall earlier, there weren't a lot of people at our table. When I got there, and from the people who I knew, I only saw Lily, Hugo, Dom, and surprisingly Fred at the table.

"Oi, what's wrong?" Fred asked from my right side as he nudged my right arm.

"I'm just...I dunno." I sighed. "I wondered if Professor Bell told Dad yet. Most likely she did. But, I'm just wondering what Dad thinks."

"Don't worry." He assured. "Your Dad loves you. Don't let it get to your head."

I gave out a small smile. "Thanks."

"It's a Hogsmeade day today." Fred said. "You could use a little cheering up. Be my date and I'll treat you to a pound of candy over at Honeydukes? We'll even go over to Zonko's so we could stock up on more supplies for pranks."

I smiled. "Yeah, I think I'd like that."

"Then it's settled!" He said enthusiastically.

After an hour of sitting there, eating, it finally hit 9 AM. It was around the time a bit more people filed into the Great Hall for breakfast. But usually around 11 would be the time the Great Hall would be filled. But since it was a Hogsmeade day today, no one wanted to waste any time.

"Morning!" Al greeted me, Rose, Fred, James, and Dom as he sat into the empty seat next to me. Lily and Hugo already left earlier to get an early start at the villiage. Both of them didn't really like it when it was crowded.

"Morning, Mr. Fox." I snickered into my drink as I spoke. "Seen your wife, Chloe lately?"

Al's eyes widened. "You told her!" he accused James. "She's not suppose to know about that!"

James held his hands up. "Why you accusing me! I never told her. Neither has Fred, if you wondering. I'm surprised that she even knows. "

"Who's Chloe?" Rose and Dom asked, raising an eyebrow. But Al ignored them.

"How do you know anyway?" Al asked.

"You should really learn how to not talk in your sleep, Al." I said as I rolled my eyes as Al gaped at me.

"So who's Chloe?" Dom piped.

"She's this girl tha-mmmmmm" That git covered his hand over my mouth.

"Nothing." Al said, whilst giving me a glare. "What the hell, Lizzie?" He hissed at me, loud enough for just me to hear. Then I bit his hand hard so he would let go of me. "OW! Oi! She bit me!"

"Serves you right. That's what you get for not giving me that candy yesterday, you arse. Give me, or buy me a pound of candy later."

"Don't." Rose warned Al. "Freddy's already buying her a pound. Last thing we need to have to Liz is Diabetes."

I crossed my arms, letting out a hmph.

"Here." Al says as he hands me a Drooble. "You get one for now. That's all I have with me right now. I'll get the rest for you later."

"Yay!" I said happily as I grabbed the gum from him.

A couple minutes later my owl, Snowy flew into the Great Hall, holding a letter in her beak. After a few moments, she landed swiftly on the table in front of me.