Chapter 17: Counting

Lizzie's POV

Dear Elizabeth,

It's you're father. If you even still remember. Where have you been lately? Well obviously you're at Hogwarts, studying well, I hope. But what I meant was that why haven't you been writing these days? Last time I heard from you was during late February. You're Nana's been worried about you as well (She's your grandmother if you had forgotten her). She's a bit upset that you haven't been writing.

We do like to keep up with your life, if you must know.

So how is everything? Hows life? How are your friends? How is Al by the way? And Rosie? I hope Rosie's keeping you in line, and helping you up with your schoolwork. You may be a smart child, but you do get quite distracted easily.

Hows Katie, by the way? I hope she's been giving you the draught. I'm so thankful that she's there for you. She was such a great friend to your mother and I.

That does remind me, by the way. How has your condition been coming along? I really do hope you've been taking draught every month, or when your pains start to act up at least. Please don't go dying on me, darling.

But anyways,

I heard about the Spring Ball. Why didn't you tell me? I had to hear from Katie in a letter. I heard you and Al had been chosen to lead the traditional dance. I'm so proud of you my dear. I hope you took pictures that night. I would like to see how you looked like. Of course, I'm betting that you looked beautiful. Just like how your mother looked like.

I miss you a lot, my dear Elizabeth. I've been missing your mum as well. I remember when she was so excited for you to go to Hogwarts. She'd always talk about it. I wish she could see you and how you turned out. But I suppose she'd watching you from heaven. She'll always be in our hearts, dear.

Well, if you were wondering how I was (I hope you were), I haven't been at home lately. I've been over in Washington for a few weeks, actually. The Ministry over here has been having a bit of trouble with the Ministry over in Asia, and they needed a few hands to help sort out the mess. Apparently, there's been a few misunderstandings, due to the language barrier. But I'll be able to go home in about a week.

Reply soon, alright?

Love,

Dad

P.S. I'd send a letter to your grandmother if I were you. She's absolutely worried, and can't stop pestering me about it. Plus, she's been quite crabby these days, and I'm hoping that a letter from you will ease her up.

I read the letter silently in the Great Hall as I munched down on my breakfast. I mentally rolled my eyes as I read the letter. My dad was such a worrier. But I did feel bad. I haven't told him about anything that I've been through these days. I didn't tell him about Maci, about Al, how Scorpius and Roe were together, and how practically everyone knew about my condition. I didn't even tell him the day I was going to die. I just didn't want him to worry.

It's been five days, and I have about 25 days left of my life left to live.

To be honest, it hasn't been that bad, really. I mean, sure people are talking, but not as bad as I thought they would. I've been getting special treatment a lot, but I've been rejecting most of it. By now, everyone got the full and correct story about what happened between me and Maci, and my Genetic Curse.

Plus, all my friends are threatening to hex off people's hands if they didn't shut their gobs my condition and how they talked about me behind their backs.