Chapter 16: Flipped

Liz's POV

Crap-a-doodle-doo.

He wants to talk.

This is just freakin'bloodyfantastic.

Yay me. (Sarcasm and flat tone intended.)

"Liz..." He spoke and I froze. Even if it was his voice, it sent shivers down my spine. It made me jump or attentive. I didn't want to speak to him right now. I wanted alone time. To think things through. So far, I've only come to the chosen thought of him not becoming mine. Even though I feel like I want and need my other half, and because of my Hexheartonia...I had to live with my other half in the non-romantic sense...and it'll continue on till' I die.

I wanted to talk to him...sort of. Then again, I didn't want to talk to him as well. I wanted things to be like how they were back before he'd found out about my condition, and my feelings towards him. If I didn't have Hexheartonia, would things would've been different? Would I be worrying whether about how I looked like to him, rather than be concerned with my death at such a young age?

I mean, Al's dad (Harry Potter), has been worrying about his life since he was a baby. But at least he didn't have the of his death set into the ground. He could cheat, and dodge death. I, however, still had an expiration date tattooed on my body (Not literally).

"Izzie..." He spoke again, using his little nickname for me and once again, his voice. "I'm sorry. I'm truly sorry for everything. I-I..really messed up, didn't I? I'm suppose to be your best friend. The one who knows you the best. I'm suppose to be there to comfort you when you break down, to support you when your in pain. But no. I just managed to do everything what I'm not suppose to do."

I heard his footsteps approach me from behind, and out of the corner of my eye, I could see him standing right next to me. But I didn't look over to him, but just stared out onto the lake instead.

I was pretty much scared at what he was going to say next. Ha. Some Gryffindor I am. But seriously, I didn't know what was going to happen now. Rejection? Acceptance? Friendship? Relationship? Hate-ship?

"Liz...Say something." He pleaded. But I didn't know what to say next, to be honest. I wasn't sure if I was going to answer, or even run away again. I could feel his eyes burning onto my face. "Look at me."

And somehow, I managed to. I stared back into his green eyes, those eyes that use to glow, and to twinkle as it lit up.

My stare back at him wasn't empty, or even cold. Somehow, I felt that it was filled with confusion and a pang of emotional pain.

"What am I suppose to say?" I ask in almost a whisper. I turned around and sat down on a log, my arms resting on my knees. "Everything is just so...different now. Now that everyone knows that I'm gonna die. Everything just seems so...different...worthless."

"So you're just going to give up?" He asked, seating himself next to me.

"No. Not really, even though I can't get past this. It's a curse, Albus. Not a bloody disease or a flu that you can cure." I shook my head, "The whole school's gonna find out about me now. How bloody fantastic. Think of all the pity I'm gonna get. Think of all the rumors. Sometimes I wish I was already gone before everyone found out. Saves myself from suffering any longer."

"Don't think like that." She demanded. "You're not dying now. You should value your time here as much as you can. 'Sides, you're needed here. Everyone needs you. My family, our friends, you're father and grandmother...and mostly me. I need you. I know I don't deserve your forgiveness, after everything that's happene-"