Chapter 21: Tease

ALBUS

It's been about a couple days and she's been in that blank state since.

And I was upset to see her so upset. It made me mad.

I stomped down hall, earning scared looks from the people whom I passed.

They must think I'm mad. But I don't give a damn right now. I want to fix what's with Lizzie, and I'm gonna fix it now. I knew where she was. She wasn't on the map, so it was obvious to where she was.

As I made my way to the Room of Requirement, I wished the door would appear and bring me over to Lizzie. And it did.

I pulled the door open, my eyes gazing around the room before it settled on a Liz, who had her back facing me. She was sitting down on the sofa. I was going to call her name out, but as I approached her, she was fast asleep, with a bowl of candy and a heap load of crumpled up parchment surrounding her.

My face softened up as I looked at her.

Oh, so alright, fine. I was staring at her! But not in a creepy way. More like in a I-love-you-but-right-now-I'm-going-to-watch-you-sleep-because-you're-so-damn-beautiful-and-peaceful-when-you're-asleep sort of way.

Nothing wrong with that.

As I stared at her her sleeping form, I stole a pumpkin pastry from her side.

Ha. I'm so bad, I could be in Slytherin for stealing candy from the candy queen!

You disagree? Okay, eh...so maybe I'm not that big of a big bad wolf. Fine. Ruin my moment.

'Eff you too then as well.

I picked up one of the crumpled up balls of parchment, and un-cruumpled it enough for me to read.

Dear Dad,

I'm glad you're not upset or whatever.- The note ended quickly with a bunch of scribbles around the paper to a point where I thought the piece of parchment was going to tear.

I picked up another letter, and this time it was longer than the first. But it was sort of hard to read since she tried to scribble out all the words.

Dear Dad,

I'm glad you're not upset at me. I miss you as well. You and nana. I'm glad you understand by the way, on why I try to keep people away from me.

I just don't want to die, Dad. But I have to, and it's hard to see the people I care about have pain on the fact that I'll be gone. I don't want to push people away, but I'm trying not to. I don't want people's memories of me to be sad. I want them happy Just like how I want my last memories of them to be good as well.

It won't be hard to keep others close, but the hardest person to keep with me is Al.

And that was all I could read. I stared long and hard at the letter. Mostly at the last part of where I could read.

Part of me was happy that she cared about me, yet the sad part was that she pushed me away so that she wouldn't hurt me or herself. But what if I wanted to be hurt? What if I sacrifice my pain so just that I could spend more time with Lizzie?

I'd do that.

I eventually cleared off all the crumpled up balls of paper, and vanished it, along with the candy. I sat on the sofa and moved her onto my lap, cradling her as she curled up into me. I stared at her peaceful face as my arms held her close. I rubbed her back, comforting her.

We use to do this before. Whenever she'd get sad and gutted about something, I'd just cradle her in my arms and let her cuddle in with me as I comforted her.