Chapter 7: Conscience

Rose's POV

James. He heard it all. 

"What sickness?" He said seriously, also giving me the serious look he rarely gave out. He approached me as he spoke. "What sickness." Madame Bones stood up and placed a hand on his shoulder, trying to calm him down a bit.

I sighed in deeply. Oh Merlin. Liz is going to kill me.

Well it was nice knowing you lot. Call the the funeral services. Bury me by Uncle Harry's parents. Lizzie, thanks for being my best friend since 1st year, do me a favor and hex Scorpius for me. Lily, you can have all my clothes. Victoire, I'm sorry I pulled your ponytail when I was 5, Rox, I always loved your skin color. Freddy, I don't really know what to say to you. Alice, you've been a great family friend. Molly, I'm sorry we don't associate as much. James, I leave you my books. You need to be educated. Scorpius, I just wanted you to know that I fancy you, and that when I first saw you, I thought your hair was bleached. Dad, I'm sorry that I fancied a Malfoy. Mum, I love you. Hugo, don't grow up to be like Al. Al, I still hate you. You're an absolute git.

There. I think that's touchy enough.

I looked over to my cousins down the room, hoping that they hadn't noticed James. Fortunately, they hadn't. They were all too busy worrying for Liz. Everyone of us were upset. Most of the girls were crying, except Dom. Freddy was completely distressed, Hugo was neutral, but also upset at the same time. However, Al was different. He was unnerved. Or more of in a state of shock. He was just staring at Liz's lifeless body.

If she dies hating Al, I swear, I'll hex him until he's unrecognizable.

I grabbed my cousins arm and lead him outside the Hospital Wing, into the empty corridor near a tapestry.

"Explain." He said sternly as I leaned against the wall for support.

I stayed silent. Speaking about it was hard enough! I bit back the tears that threatened to pour out my eyes. How was I suppose to explain to him that our best friend was dying? "She's sick."' I managed to choke out as I looked down at the floor.

"That's all?" Skepticism riding over the tone of his voice. "She has the flu?"

I shook my head. I struggled to find my words to say. "She has this abnormality." I say awkwardly. He stared at me, not knowing what I meant. I sighed, staying quiet for a minute. I covered my hands over my face, as my tears were getting ready to slip down my face. "She has Hexheatonia, James. She's dying." I finally choked out as my tears forced their way out of my eyes. I eventualy looked at him through my watery eyes. He looked completely agitated, but also confused. James was like an older brother to Liz. It was like as if it was Lily, or me, or anyone of us girls dying. He sighed heavily before he hit the wall out of frustration. His fists, clenched.

"Argh!" He let out. Both of his hands were placed flat on the wall, his forehead touching the wall as he breathed heavily. I had no idea what he was thinking of this. He was probably tryind to piece everything together. I knew he didn't want to believe it, because I didn't too at first, but it was true anyway. I could tell that it was all too much to take in. I mean, he just found out a minute ago that one of the closest people to him is dying.

I haven't seen James this upset since Charlotte McKinley dumped him back in his third year. She was his first girlfriend, and he had it pretty bad for her. James usually went through some kind of phase. A depressed phase. Sometimes he'd get all moody even, and sometimes he had issues sleeping and eating. He'd just be completely off about everything. But since he already knew that this was something that had to be kept a secret, I hoped that he wouldn't get too depressed. Everyone'll get suspicious.