Chapter 15: Cry

Al's POV

As I watched Maci scream out, "YOU!" I instantly knew that she was speaking to Liz, who I hadn't notice who was in the common room before. I stopped dead in my tracks up the stairs, and slowly turned and walked a few steps down, giving me a view of what was happening. I was slightly worried at what Maci was going to do. I knew what I had done was probably wrong, and that Maci would've found someone to blame. But I think that with all the Maci drama blowing over, everything could get back on track, and I could somehow end up with Lizzie.

Stupid thought right?

But how could I be so naive?

So stupid?

I'm a deep thinker, and I usually think things through. But I knew that a whole lot of rockiness was going to blow around before Liz and I and everyone else would settle a bit. Things weren't going to be normal anymore. I'm known to be the deep one in the family...Kinda like Dad. Mum said he was always the solidarity type. But how could I have not expected this?

Liz and Maci exchanged words back and forth a few times, a minute later my family came in, and even Rose pushed pass me as she went down to the common room.

At this point, Maci was already hysterical. "As if I need to. It's all set in stone, dearies. Hexheartonia! Your dear friends headed straight for the grave!" She said.

and it was just like that.

Her secret was out.

The words were out and said, and they couldn't be taken back. Liz couldn't be the lizard, just like how she was out on the field. She couldn't get by this one. By the end of the day, I'm betting at least half the school heard about what went down here.

After a few moments, Maci started walking towards me, or at least going to the stairs, but Liz called her out.

"What?" Maci snapped at Liz.

Liz just walked towards her, and the next thing that I remember...

SLAP!

Liz slapped Maci McLoughlin right across the face. I couldn't see Maci's reaction, since her back was facing me. I looked at Liz, who had a somewhat satisfied, but angry look on her face. She my mum for a moment during that one time me and James played quidditch inside the house...How was playing in the house? Well, let's just say that we both never even thought of playing quidditch in the ball ever again.

Liz left the common room after that.

What was my reaction to the whole thing? To be honest, I was speechless. I really was. But I was pretty much mad at Maci. She didn't have the right to blurt someone's deepest and darkest secret like that. She really didn't.

But I couldn't help but smirk when Liz pulled off that inner violent side of hers by slapping Maci. I was almost proud.

After Liz left the room, Maci was still standing there. Everyone in the common room erupted into murmurs. A couple people were even cheering at the fact that Maci got slapped. I looked at my family, who seemed confused, and upset. Mostly speechless, like me. Somehow, they weren't sure at what to believe. They heard Liz's secret from Maci, and not Liz herself. They were torn between believing the truth and hoping that what Maci said was all a lie.

Mace looked around in humiliation, and decided to hurry back up to her room, but I stopped her.

"What's even more pathetic, is that you told everyone her secret, hoping to affect us, when in reality, you blindly didn't even know that we already knew. Did you really think that we were gonna give up on Liz? Because everyone won't. We care for her to much." I told her as she walked up the staircase, passing me. But she stopped to listen on what I had to say. "You had no right to tell everyone her secret, Maci. She's never done anything bad to you? Does she threaten you? Are you jealous of her? Or were you already mad the fact that she already had me since from the beginning? Why do you have to be such a bitch?"