Chapter 25: End

ROSE

I sat in my seat, feeling exhausted from todays events. My face felt puffy from all the crying that I've done in the past couple of hours, and I could tell that I looked absolutely disheveled right now.

Basically, I was a mess who looked like hell.

Ugh, major turn off to Scorpius, I bet.

I sighed as I leaned back into my seat, staring at my best friend's dead body. I was contemplating on whether I should leave the hospital wing. But I chose to stay here. Though the sight of her dead made me want to go mental, I held it in. For some reason, I felt like I just had to stay here.

It wasn't obligation, no. It was more of something that you simply had to do for one of your fellow companions. She's still my friend, dead or not. Lizzie's my best mate, even though I am just second to Al in Lizzie's friends list. I always had known that I was just second in line, but for some reason, I hadn't mind at all. I've always felt like Al and I were in a tie for first. But with Al being Al all the time, of course he was a shoo in.

He just knew her quite better than I had. They both had an undeniably close relationship, even just as friends. They're practically connected to one another.

I know they both love each other, even if they're only both so young. However, sometimes, people just find that one person who you're connected to. But I had always felt there was so much more connection in their relationship than they could see. They had something...special, even if it didn't just pass the friendship zone. They had one heck of a friendship and I admired it. It was something I just couldn't have.

Al had left to go look at the memories at a pensieve, finally detaching himself from her side. I was personally relieved that he had. He's been at her side ever since she...died. It took three people to pull his arms away from her body earlier. I've never seen him so broken.

He really did deserve a break.

I mean, he just had the girl he loved and his best mate die in his arms. That's already traumatizing. It made me think on how he would be like after today. What was the aftermath to this whole situation?

Would he be one in denial? Or would he be one of those people who raged? Who wasn't like themselves, or would he return to how he was like when he was younger? Quiet, but worst.

I should admit this, now that I think about it. Lizzie changed Al, for the better. Before Hogwarts, Al was a lot more quieter than he is now. Sure, he talked...But he wasn't almost as happy or spontaneous as James. He still harbors the habit for being slightly a bit more reserved. However, he's a bit more out of his shell compared to how he was when we were kids.

Before, James and Al use to be completely and utterly total opposites. But now, they're practically the same (Okay, I'm being slightly melodramatic. They're almost the same.). Only Al's a bit more controlled and responsible than James. It wasn't the fact that Al had started at Hogwarts, then he had started to speak. No.

But ever since he met Liz, he seemed less troubled. Somehow she influenced him to be more...outgoing and optimistic towards living life. And we were all thankful.

By we, I mean everyone in my family. Especially James, Lilly, Uncle Harry, and Aunt Ginny.

So thank you, Lizzie. Wherever you are.

I miss you and I wish you would just come back. But...you can't.

I wondered on how long it would take for everyone to recover from Lizzie's death. Everything wouldn't be the same now. Lizzie's family was devasted, as well as mine. Lily was really taking it hard since Liz was practically like an older sister to her. The other girls aren't taking her death as well. However, the boys are just the same.