Chapter 24: Choices

Incoming! More songs:

Farewell to Dobby

Harry and Ginny

The Resurrection Stone

LIZZIE

PLAY: Farewell to Dobby Harry and Hermione

Blackness.

That's all I saw once my vision started to die slowly.

So this how death feels like.

You know how once your heart dies, everything eventually dies as well? Well for me, when my chest tensed up and by breath hitched, I felt like I was drowning and I just couldn't get out of it. Everything just started to feel like it wasn't working. I felt almost...numb.

So this is death, eh? No heaven? Just all pure darkness, leaving me to swallow myself up with my thoughts, making me go mental. There was no heaven, was there? Just pure darkness. A place where I couldn't even see myself.

So this is what I get? This is the afterlife? This-

Wait.

I could finally see myself. My body, which I was still in. But what was this? I soon found myself in a place that was no longer dark. The unknown place I stood in started to transition into a much lighter room. And before I knew it, everything around me became white, giving out some sort of light.

As I looked down at my body, checking my arms and legs. It felt the same, as if nothing had happened. I was also in the same clothes I had died in as well

I suppose my physical body in the living life is just the same as my spiritual one. I don't know. I'm not some sort of afterlife genius.

I looked around the place where I was and started walking.

Where was I?

I saw tall pillars, and arches. I even saw a bench, and from what it looked like, I was standing on a platform.

Assuming things, it almost looked like King's Cross Station. Only here, everything was purely white. Purely serene. There were no newspapers or the occasional trash flying around. There wasn't even a single soul here. Just me and me alone.

This place was completely simple and deserted. Not even a single sound was to be heard.

"What is this place?" I found myself saying out loud. It wasn't life, unless I'd been transferred over to an unknown place from which the world didn't know of. But I highly doubt it, since I felt myself die.

"You, my dear, are in a place of where the living can't reach, but also where the dead cannot stay." A voice suddenly spoke. I froze before turning around slowly to see the source of the voice. When I turned around, I found an old man who quite resembled a public figure to the Muggle world. Santa Claus, I believe. But this man was peculiar. Though I must say, in some sort of odd way, why does he look so familiar? It's not only because he resembled Santa Claus, it wasn't only that.

"Who are you?" I asked him out of curiosity. He was standing a few feet away from me, observing me intently.

"Surely you must know whom I am, since I was formally known as the previous headmaster before Minerva had taken my place." He said. "And your young companion is named after me, is he not?"

"Albus..." I whispered, thinking. Before anymore thoughts of Al rang through my head, I looked back up at the old man. "You're Albus Dumbledore. The previous headmaster. We learned about you in history class. And you have a portrait in Minnie's office."