Chapter 3: Curse

Lizzie

I, Elizabeth Samantha Hart, am the biggest self-lying (aka denying) person ever.

So yes, I finally admit.

I fancy Albus Potter.

I BLOODY WELL FANCY MY DAMN GOOD LOOKING BEST FRIEND, PESANTS!

Merlin, I'm insane.

Curse his good looks, his annoyingly charming smile, that fluffy and soft brown hair, and those green eyes that just reminded you of food.

And I love food. A lot.

If I hadn't possessed another ounce of sanity, I think I would've confessed it all with a shout from the top of the astronomy tower. But luckily, I managed to contain that ounce of sanity.

The unlikely factor about this whole situation, which also made my heart drop, was the fact that Al and I were best mates. The key word being: Best mates. And you know what happens when you're just best mates. Meaning: I was in the friendzone, and when you're in the friend zone...It's almost impossible to get out without any drama happening.

You know how muggles have those cellular phones? With texting and all? Well, you know how one sends a text message, then suddenly regrets sending the message and wants to take it back but can't? Yeah, that's how it was.

Close to impossible.

I sat in my seat during Muggle Studies, pondering about the idea of Al and I together, when I should really be listening to the lecture about the internet. But since I grew up with many muggle items surrounding me, and living in a city filled with other muggles, you tend to almost be like one. Since I experienced all that, I knew quite a lot, giving me an advantage in class.

However, I really should be listening to our professor. But the fact that Al sat at my table, along with Dom, and this slag of a Gryffindor named Maci McLoughlin, it's sometimes hard to concentrate. Especially when he's sitting right in front of you.

But yes, we still do have slags. You'd think that generations later, people would start gaining in back some morals, and the whole 16 and pregnant trend would eventually die out. But alas, no. McLoughlin just had to set an example, and had led on another generation in her footsteps. But then again, no bloke can blame their attraction to her. She is very pretty, even though I'd hate to admit it out loud to others.

The girls and I have never been quite close with her, nor have we particularly liked her. Especially Roxanne.

Roxanne wanted to claw the life out of that girl.

Basically, and in the shortest possible way of explaining, what happened was that Maci seduced Roxy's ex Phil (Ravenclaw) and they had a full on snog session in the broom cupboard. Which conveniently, during that time, Roxy had detention and had to mop out the classroom that was coincidentally the classroom next to that particular cupboard where the two lards were sucking face in.

So when Roxy had to go grab the mop from the cupboard.

Roxy saw Phil and Maci.

Roxy saw Phil and Maci, shirtless (Slag still had her bra on, at least).

Roxy saw Phil and Maci, shirtless, and snogging.

Situation didn't end well basically. Rox gave Maci warts all over her face for a few days, and Phil was in the hospital wing for a week. Rox got double detention, but she claimed that it was all worth it. Fred got pissed with Phil, but seemed a bit more upset over the fact that Rox got to him first before he did. But even after Phil got out of the hospital, the boys gave him hell for a month before backing off. Dom and the rest of the girls gave Maci the cold shoulder as well.