Chapter 22: Flashbacks

LIZZIE

Just in 2 days.

Just in 2 days, I would be dying.

Who knew it would ever come this? Who knew, that I'd be saying goodbye to the 15 years of memories that I've carried in my mind. The 15 years of friendships and relationships that I've built. Who knew, that I'd fall in love with my best friend at this age.

It was all to...weird. Normal 15 year olds were out worrying about crushes, and schoolwork. Me? I worried about death.

I mean, sure, there's those kids who has cancer or has some sort of death threatening disease, and they go through much more outward physical pain than I do.

But my disease was a bit more...bizzare. I didn't lose hair, or had gotten abnormally skinny, or even had some disability. Me? I had purple eyes and every once a month, I gained some real heart ache. Not the me-and-my-boyfriend-just-broke-up-and-I'm-crying sort of heart ache. No.

The heart ache I felt sort of felt like someone took ahold of my heart and took a squeeze. That's what it felt like.

Pain.

I know that these past weeks have been hectic and depressing for me since I know and expect that I'm gonna die soon. But gradually as the days passed, I've learn to come and accept my death.

Sure, saying goodbye to everything in my life at such a young age was not at all on my bucket list. But I had to accept my death sooner or later.

I had two option.

1. Accept my death and think positively, and try to remember the good things that happened in life.

or

2. Don't accept your death and live in hate and doubt. Get frustrated. Become a person that pushed everyone away, only gaining depressed memories of me.

Obviously I chose option one.

When life first gave me lemons, I first chucked it back and demanded for a refund. Now? I said sorry and reconciled with the lemons.

And with them, I gave them to Peeves to throw at annoying Slytherin second years.

It was worth it.

And in reality, I really did get lemons from the kitchens and gave to to Peeves to throw at second years.

It was hilarious.

I got detention though, but I happily took it since it would be my last.

So here I sat on ground, at the top of the Astronomy Tower. My legs were crossed Indian style as a pack of vials sat in front of me. What was I doing, you may ask?

I was drawing out a bunch of memorable memories from the past 15 years of my life, and placing them into the small viles for me to give to my mates to remember me by.

A few were to go to my Dad, while the rest had been for Al, Rose, James, and Fred. A bunch were duplicates, but it was alright. I wanted to share them with everyone of them.

Flashback: End of First Year - Platform 9 3/4

I finally had completed my first year at Hogwarts.

And let's just say that it was amazing, not to mention eventful.

As I leaned down to grab my trunk, a voice spoke up. "Let me help you with that." I looked up and smiled when I found Al looking down at me.