Chapter XVII : Aftermath

The battle has fought and the battle was won. Wayne emerged victorious as Vladimir Volto falls down to the ground. A hole in his chest as Wayne pierced his fist in it. Unable to utter any other words. Wayne screamed declaring his victory while his fist was raised in the sky.

Wayne screamed
"UUUAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!"

People watching started screaming as they watched the turn of events that happened. Indeed they were saved by this group of people. They watched a ranker fall into his demise.

Wayne's thoughts
'I'm tired'
'I'm beginning to lose consciousness'

Wayne eventually put his fist down but he couldn't even take one step. He was exhausted, he was battered. Despite the injuries it's a miracle that he's been able to stand up. He was about to fall when someone catches him.

Wayne's thoughts
'Casseee...'

He can't even utter any more words.

Cassee said
"Don't worry"
"I got you"
"You can rest now"

Eventually Wayne closed his eyes due to his exhaustion and he ends up sleeping at Cassee's arms.

Cassee's thoughts
'Thank you Wayne'
'You saved me'

Cassee started to heal Wayne so that she can relieve most of the pains he felt. Cassee is the healer of the group, there's no one else capable of helping Wayne in his current situation other than her.

BUT

Someone appear in her back with ominous aura. She immediately looked behind her and to her shocked there's two of them.

She saw 13th and 14th behind her.

Cassee's thoughts
'Shit'
'Why now?!'

13th and 14th started to speak.

13th stated
"He managed to kill 15th, it will be dangerous to keep him alive"
"What do you think 14th?"

14th responded
"HAHAHAHAHAHA I really wanted to fight him too"
"But given the circumstances"
"We have to kill him here"
"He's a threat"

Cassee's thoughts
'I forgot to mention that they're here'
'I've been panicking and I forgot about this'

13th and 14th drew their ominous aura indicating that they're ready to kill them at anytime. Both of the high Rankers are smiling deviously as they look down on Cassee and a passed out Wayne.

Suddenly

Zac and the remainder of the team appear in front of them. With killing intent in their eyes, they looked at 13th and 14th in the eyes. Ominous aura are being thrown both sides of the field.

13th said
"Hoho.. this guys are strong"

14th said
"We can take them"

Zac eventually said
"Law with me"
"Everyone else stay back"

Law nodded

Law and Zac walked towards 13th and 14th. Both of the Rankers are being arrogant. Zac won't let it slide.

Zac and Law draw their immeasurable aura and immediately the rankers started to notice.

14th said
"You guys ...."

13th said
"This strengths?!"
"It can't be!"

Eventually they received a call from 1st. 1st was able to observe the situation and immediately called 13th and 14th. Hoping that he won't lose another ranker. 13th immediately picks up the phone.