Chapter XXXV : Austin's Resilience and Carmela's Defiance

The war has just began, and their team already brought them a victory. It's time for them to return the favor. The will of those who fought their hardest has been passed down to those who kept on fighting.

Austin Rivers is now fighting the known speedster of the Rankers named Xi phao, currently rank as 8th strongest in the country. This match will be a battle of speed and instincts.

Austin thoughts
'Shit he's fast'

Austin is struggling to catch up to Xi phao, as he kept on retreating after he attacks. A basic boxing strategy used in fighting tournaments.

8th said
"I told you"
"You won't be able to keep up"

Austin's Mouth is already bleeding as 8th's attacks kept on connecting. He focuses on detecting 8th's presence in order to catch up to him while he's attacking. Austin finally manage to counter the attacks thrown at him.

8th said
"You bitch..."

Austin's reply
"I'll get accustomed to it"
"If you keep using it"

They both rushed at each other with blinding speed. Blow by blow bloods are being splattered. An equal match of speed and instincts. The balance will tipped on soon. The faster they are the harder the outcome was seen. The resistance that manages be their when it was happening can't believe what they are seeing. They no longer see the fight, but they can feel it happening.

The balance was tipped, 8th was finally losing speed. Austin didn't the chance get passed him as he rushed in 8th face with a fury of attacks. Blood was seen in the face of Xi phao as he struggled on defending Austin's relentless attacks. 8th jumps backwards to regain his composure, but in his surprise Austin was there, continuing to attack like there's no tomorrow. 8th had enough he won't let him get hurt no longer. He screamed with all of his aura and released his full strength.

8th screamed
"EXOPLIZO!!!"

His aura is forming an armor that compliments his speed. A Cheetah embedded armor. Cheetah's are known to be outstandingly fast.

"Cheetah's Armor"
and
"Cheetah's tooth"

8th said
"You won't be able to survive this"

Austin replied
"I promise myself before that no one will be faster than me"
"I promise that I will be able to stand with those people and gain their respect"
"THERE'S NO FUCKING WAY THAT I'LL LOSE HERE!!!!"

"EXOPLIZO!!!"

Finally Austin released all of his strength too. An aura formed with the God of speed himself, Hermès. Hermès is know as the messenger of Mt. Olympus.

"Hermès legs"
And
"Hermès dagger"

A clash of aura started to emerge between the two high rankers.

8th said
"You're strong.."
"Let's see who's faster"
"The beast of speed"
"Or"
"The God of speed"

They both rushed in with blinding speed that seems to be equal, but 8th found himself struggling amidst the fight.

8th's thoughts
'He's gradually getting faster than before'
'This is bad'

8th found himself not moving anymore as he was astonished by what he's seeing before him. A beasts instincts kicked in, a beast knows when he can't handle the prey before him. A beast can realize quickly that his death is imminent.

8th said
"Am I gonna die here...."

Austin replied
"Yes"

Austin appeared in the back of 8th all of a sudden as he wants to finish the fight before him. He knows that he's already at his limits as well and if he can't finish the fight with one move, he's dead.