Part 5: The Other Best friend? And The Ex?

// Just some reminder or so, if I didn't put any note if it's someones POV, then it will be a third party person's POV 🙂

~~~

Life flows really like a river, there comes storm, flood and hurricane yet it stays the same. The raging water will eventually calm down once the disaster ends and the water will be clear again. Unlike peoples emotions, the scar is always there and reminding you about the storm you've been through.

Mild's so tight-lipped in what's going on with him and Boat. And speaking of Boat? He is nowhere to be found, he is also absent in their gigs at MSJ's. Mild's been acting weird for the past few days as well. He is too quiet which is unusual.

"Dude... We don't have a class tomorrow. So... Hang-out with me?" You can see how Gulf is concerned with his best friend. Mild's about to decline but Gulf cut him off and said "I don't take no as an answer! Wether you come with me or I'll drag you home. You choose"

"You have work with the professor right?" He asked. Trying to slip away. Nice try, Gulf thought.

"Nah, he won't mind" Gulf then texted Mew that he will take a day off and will accompany Mild. He dragged Mild to his house, they stopped first at the convenience store to buy foods and beers. Once home, Gulf started cooking for two.

"Gulf... I-I think it's better for me t-to go home"

"No! You are staying. We are going to talk" Gulf said without looking at Mild and the helpless Mild went to get a change of clothes instead, to take a bath since he knew that Gulf will not let him go anytime soon.

Gulf placed the food in the table in front of the tv together with the beers. Mild who just got out of the shower saw what Gulf prepared.

"Don't you think its too early to get drunk? It's freaking 4PM Gulf!" 'There! that's the mild that I know! loud and nosy' Gulf smiled on that thought, he knows that his best friend is willing now to spill the tea.

"There's never too early for beer! Now come and sit" Gulf motioned Mild to sit beside him. Mild sits beside gulf and Gulf put his arm around Mild's shoulder.

Mild's a light drinker so after 2 cans of beer he already started blabbering.

"That fvcker! He.. He said he loves me and *hik* he just disappeared" now he's slurring.

"Did you reject him?" I asked. Boat's not the type to just disappear without a trace, unless he was asked to do so. Mild went silent for few minutes.

"I... I... Uhmm.. I" He is stuttering.

"You what? You told him you don't want him?"

"For heavens sake, Gulf! I don't know okay? I don't know! We... We were drunk that time and... And he kissed me, he confessed. I might have pushed him away, I don't know... Now he is nowhere to be found. I- I tried searching for him" now he's crying. This stupid friend of mine, he's clearly inlove with the other guy. Gulf is on the edge of smacking his friend's head.

"...and? How do you feel about him?"

"I... I think I like him?"

"You think?" Gulf asked with a brow raised.

"I like him" Mild said and that made Gulf smile.

"There. There. Good boy" Gulf said patting Mild's head while trying to hide his grin. Gulf then fished out his phone and called Hiter, after few rings the other party finally answered.

"Hello... Yes... I'm cool... Let me talk to him... Oh c'mon Hiter, I know he is with you... Of course I know! Who do you think I am?... Yes... He doesn't want to?... I know but it's important... Uhuh... Tell him Mild's slashed his wrist, he is bleeding so much that he passed out and I'm about to take him to hospital. If he don't take his ass here, then I'll be the one to make sure he won't see Mild again" Mild just looking at gulf dumbfounded while he is making a phone call with Hiter. Gulf's dorm is just few minutes away from Hiter's. They're basically neighbours.

"You know where he is?" Mild raised his voice after snapping back to reality.

"Duh! Of course." Gulf just smirked and roll his eyes.

"why didn't you tell me?"

"did you even asked? You dummy!" Gulf slapped Mild's arm. After few minutes a loud knock startled the two.

Gulf got up and get to the door but before he open it, he looked at Mild who's covering his face with a pillow "I guess the party's over and our guest is here"

Boat at the door panting, he run to Gulf's place afraid what might have happened to Mild. Little did he know. Gulf just looked at him, smiled before putting a serious face.

"Wait here." He commands boat who's still standing outside. Gulf went in and dragged Mild outside. He tossed Mild to Boat and Boat luckily catched him.

"Take him home, talk it out with him. Imma kill you both if you don't." Gulf closed the door right away leaving Mild with Boat outside. He sent a message to Mild saying he should confess his feelings too.

They don't have class the following day and Gulf is bored to death at home. Mew's not replying either. Gulf decided to open his twitter, he got twitter account but rarely use it. Since out of boredom he decided to open it and what he saw shocked him. Mew is trending, the trend tag that mew on is 'Is Mew dating Art again?' Gulf feels his heart being stabbed multiple times. He know how toxic social media sometimes so he scroll through the tag to see if the pictures are legit and they seemed to be legit. There are captions like 'Holding hands off-cam?' 'They dating again, saw them one time' and there many more but what caught Gulf's attention is the one that Mew and Art kissed and said that it was just earlier that day and it's a stolen shot.

Gulf tried calling Mew but the call didn't went through. He tried and tried again but to no avail the call's not going through, he texted him tons but not even 1 reply. He need explanation from the other guy, one minute he said he wants to pursue him the next time he is with his ex. Gulf cried his heart out and didn't eat that night. Mew didn't picked him up the next day as well which just made it worst. He decided to skip Mew's class and just attended the next one. He didn't meet or try to find Mew as well, the other man didn't also searched for him as well and that hurts Gulf more. Still No text or call from the guy, It's just he disappeared into the thin air leaving nothing behind.

That same day Mild took a day off with Boat leaving Gulf alone being sad, heart broken and frustrated. Gulf decided to play football to release his stress, its always his outlet. Luckily the football team is playing and Gulf decided to join them. Gulf's good at football but since he doesn't have enough time hence, he didn't join the team and just play whenever he has time or whenever he's stressed like today.

Gulf played until late, the football team left already leaving him practicing alone. Gulf didn't noticed the time, he is too distracted and stressed to do so. After kicking the ball to the goal, Gulf lay on the grass not caring about the dirt, he closed his eyes thinking about Mew. His tears were about to fall again but he was taken a back when a cold substance touched his forehead. It's a water bottle he got up right away seeing who hands him the bottle.

"Hey babe! Missed me?" The guy said.

"BRIGHT!" Gulf called out the other guy and hugged him. After few seconds of him hugging Bright someone cleared his throat from behind.

"Gulf... Baby..." Its the voice of the man Gulf's longing for but now's not the time. The man needs a lot of explaining to do.

"Oh right! I went to your apartment and saw him waiting on the door. He said you're not back yet and you're not with Mild too, so I figured you're here since I heard a little bit of story from him and so I brought him here too" Bright said to Gulf's ear in a low voice before detaching from the hug.

"Mew..." Gulf turned around looking at Mew but his hand's still squeezing Bright's arm.

"Babe? Who is he to you?" Bright asked, being straight forward that he is, He wants to know if the other guy will just hurt his best friend.

~~~~

I'll leave it here.

I really want a picture of Gulf and Bright in a single frame playing football 😂 I might write that too 😂😂

Anyways. I updated since my exam didn't went well 😭😂

Sorry again for some typos and grammatical errors.

Lovelots 💙♥️