Chapter 15 "Come on Trunks"

Chapter 15

"Come on Trunks"

    "Ha, ha, ha! Little Trunks played with his little friends all the day long. It was Saturday; No, responsibilities today except playing all day.
    They played with every toy that they could find, out doors and indoors, and every game that they could think of.
    Finally after supper and a bath, the little blue haired boy was left to himself, in his room, watching the big, full moon in the night sky, from through his window.
    It was a very beautiful night . . . the clearest he'd ever seen it.
    Taking out his mother's amplified telescope, he viewed every inch of the marbled world, studying it . . . as close as if he was on it.
    Hours later, the darkened, circular mansion had an awry feel.
    Vegeta lay holding his wife, as they lay sound asleep.
    Suddenly, flashes of pictures of the great monkey popped into the sleeping man's thoughts. Though still a part of him . . . any thought of the giant creature still scared him a bit.
    "Nmnn . . . . . mnnmnna . . . . . . . nmmnnmnaahh!"         Vegeta shot upright. Something was wrong.
He could now feel it . . . A huge surge of unreal power. "Trunks!"
    Vegeta was up in a flash and running down the circular hallway towards the ever increasing power.
    No sooner had he reached the corridor to Trunks' room than he saw that the little boy was gone.
    Running to the window he looked out to see where the extreme amount of power was coming from, only to see his son hovering a mile above the Earth.    
    Suddenly, the boys tail busted out of his pajamas and started to grow.
    "No!" Vegeta yelled, and flew threw the opening. Immediately going to Super Saiyan two Vegeta formed a power disc, and was about to cut his son's tail off . . . but stopped. He had an idea.
    Running back down the hallways he busted into his wife's bedroom.
    "Bulma! Bulma! Wake up!" He shook his sleeping wife.
The woman got up, still dizzy. " . . . What . . is it . . ?" She yawned sleepily.
    "It's Trunks . . . He needs our help!" The grown man shouted in a panic.
    It was unlike him to behave so, so the woman was up in a flash.
    "Quick, where is the thing that you had made for Broly!?"
    " . . . What . . . it's the middle of the night. What would we need that for . . . Huh!? Is Broly back again?!"
    "Woman, Trunks needs our help!"
    "I don't remember where I'd placed it!"
    "Just find the darn thing, woman!"
    Bulma didn't have to be told twice, she was on it. Looking here and there, she tried to realign her brain as to where exactly she had put it . . . amongst her many other inventions.
    "Hurry woman, hurry!"
    By now, the powerful energy outside had risen to very dangerous levels. He knew Kakarat would blame him for the destruction of the Earth . . , and he couldn't let anything happen to it either, or his family . . , After all, this very delicate ball was now his home too.
    " . . . Hurry!"
    "I am . . . " Bulma responded, as she looked about the storage room frantically.
    "Here it is!" The lady held up a flat shield-like disk.     "Just place this side of the small shield on his chest, it will automatically stick to him, and reduce . . ."
    Turning SuperSaiyan two again Vegeta flew through the walled roof and to his now hairily transforming son.
"Buchowhowho! . . . Buchowhowho! . . . Buchowhowho . . !"
    He'd never seen any monkey transformation like this one, with the huge out going ripples, and all, whilst floating asleep . . . But there was no time to waste. In an instant the man was there to place the small crest on the boy's chest, when suddenly a hairy hand grabbed onto Vegeta's now puny hand and stopped him.
    Super Saiyan two Vegeta was unable to place down the crest or free himself, no matter how he tried. There was something different about this monkey transformation. The huge furry creature was still fast asleep, but reacting . . . somehow.
    As he tried to wrestle free, suddenly there was a drastic increase in power, and the beast started to transform into a more powerful Golden version of himself. What was worse was that the creature's power kept sky-rocketting.
    Going SuperSaiyan three, and then to SuperSaiyan God, Vegeta twisted out of the monkey's great golden, glowing hand, and placed down the very tiny crest on the now huge glowing beast.
    Electricity had started to form about the beast, who was now transforming into another level.    
    Electricity shot everywhere and the sky grew very cloudy and dark.
    The powerful waves shooting out from the beast were SuperSaiyan energy alright . . . but it was so chaotic, rising fast, and then jumping a level up, and then moving fast again . . . the creature was totally out of control.
    The effect of the sheild though, was quick. The ripples slowed, and the boy's increases in power slowed from its drastic increases, and then everything started to subside.
    Finally . . . after almost an hour of full suspense, the boy was again himself . . . Or was he?
    Trunks floated downwards. This time with his tail fully grown, a smile on his face, and a very slight goldening to his skin tone.
    Free falling into his dads arms, the young boy continued to sleep soundly, for after all . . , to him it was all pleasant dreams.
    "Mmmnn?" Vegeta pondered . . . watching the young boy's grown tail.

Present day . . .
    "Deactivate the shield."
    "What? Bulma asked, looking up to her husband with her tear filled face. Water still streaming down her face, at the thought of her dying son.
    " . . . Deactivate the shield on the boy's chest."
    "You . . . mean . . ."
    "Yes, Dear, Can you do it from here?" Vegeta looked unconcerned.
    "Ye, yes. I believe so.
    Getting new hope. Bulma went and played with the controls a little. She didn't know what to expect. But hope was hope . . . even when all hope seemed lost.