Chapter 16 Hope (Bruise and Battered Trunks)

Chapter 16

Hope

    "Ptuee!" "Petuee!"
    The situation looked grim . . . but Leopold's galaxy patrol beacon was going on and off. Someone was in trouble . . .
    Looking at his watch, Leopold tried to identify the person. It did make him concerned that his patrol badge worked here as well, but what was more alarming , was that the distress signal seemed to be coming from . . . another galaxy ranger.
. . . .

    Trunks' face was smashed good, and the swelling had already started.
    One more lash and he was gone for good.
    He didn't want to die here . . . not like this . . .
    Suddenly, the emblem on his chest lighted up, and he felt cool and refreshed, like he had somehow been holding back.
    It had to do with the emblem his mom and dad had put on him. He had never known exactly why, except that he had grown violent whilst dreaming at night. He had thought that it was just to allow him to rest peacefully, but seeing the thing light up . . . they must have known that he needed help . . . but what could a simple shield do.
    Whilst pondering his fate, his subconscious mind was over taken by the captivating green glow of the planet . . . it somehow reminded him of the beautiful full moon back home.
    'If only . . .'
    "Buddut."
    His chest jerked with the loud thump of his heart.
    "Buddut . . ."
    Trunks gasped for air.
"Buddut . . . buddut . . ."
    Feeling his body heave, and as he was gasping for air, the young boy became too lost in the experience to think.
"Buddut . . . buddut . . . buddut, buddoot . . . buddut, buddut . . ."
    One of the metallic beings flew in for an attack.
"Busch! . . ." The little boy's shirt burst open, only to reveal a now hairy chest, that rose and fell rapidly.
    Not expecting that, the sky-blue metalic alien drifted backwards.
    The red metal man looked back at his ship.    Another transformed being such as them, came to stand in the doorway, this time he was the colour of silver.
    The new metal man waved for the red one to attack.
    Flying forwards with a swift punch.
    "Wham!"
    The punch landed solidly in the young boy's hand.
As the metal man fought to get his hand free, the young boy began to grow . . . at a very alarming rate.
    Releasing the metal man, Trunks held forwards enraged.

    "Lower it to five percent." Vegeta shouted.
    "What!?" The female scientist asked in confusion.
    "Keep his transformation right there!"
" . . ."
    "Do it." He couldn't afford for his son to become a mindless monkey. They had to try something . . , something new . . .

    Suddenly the loud thumping stopped. His size decrease a bit, and some of the hair withdrew somewhat.
    Trunks suddenly came out of his trance.
    Looking around at his foes, the angry youth took off as fast as he could, and flung a punch at the red alien, who barely managed to dodge the strike.    
    Spinning around in passing, the young boy swung out a kick that caught the alien in the face.
    "Whack!"
    Piece of glass shattered on the being's face.
    A bit taken back by the lad's new display of tact and ability, the red alien was quickly back in the fight, using skill and precision . . , and Trunks found it hard to land a second blow.
    Yes, whatever had just happened to him, had made him fast, but not fast enough . . . as he felt fat . . . bulky somehow.
    The second metal man joined in the fun leaving the boy straining to dodge attacks more than anything else.
    " . . . wham! . . . whum . . . wham, wham, wham!"
    Bulky and hairy Trunks floated backwards, after taking some blows . . , and barely blocking others.     Their attacks felt much softer now, but he still had to win somehow . . , and by the looks of the crashing ship, he had to do some thing . . . and soon.
"Budoom!"
There was a huge explosion on the massive passenger vessel. Looking around, the huge thing was now being pulled down by the planet's gravity . . . Slowly it was going down . . . and burning as it went.
    'He had to speed things up . . . but . . .'
    Trunks flew in to attack the two solid creatures, but stopped himself. Drifting backwards, he tried to suppress, or . . . 'finalize' what ever transformation he had been going through. He needed to be intact.
    "Hrrrrhhhhh . . . iii . . . eeeeaaahh!!" . . . "Bshhshhh!"
    Power started radiating around him as his size shrunk forcefully inwards . . . his blue hair turning from its normal blue state to red as it receded . . . and then after it disappeared, his red hair lighted up as his rising power caused lights and thunder to flash around him. His hair began to flash from red to yellow, just before . . . it turned full glowing yellow.
    New clothing of black (tight shirt), blue (shorts) and yellow (shoes) appeared on the boy, who was no longer hairy, but had smooth metallic looking skin as well . . . And weird mixture of green and yellow glow shone from him.
    Finally . . . he felt the complete feeling of a transformation . . .
    What ever transformation it was, we're about to see, how good it is.

    "Bee, beep! Bee beep!"
    The beacon was fading . . . he had to do something . . .
Caught between two minds, Leopold saw Trunk's transformation . . . he knew of the Saiyans jump in power . . . but he did not know what to expect, and he still had to save his fellow officer.
    "Hang in there Trunks!"
    Trunks heard him in his ear piece, and looked around at his comrade, still in their distant ship.
    The ship . . . it began to turn around . . .
    'What is he doing?'
    "Wham!!"
    Suddenly, the feel of a hard fist sinking into his face sent young Trunks flying into the burning passenger ship.
    Now, the ship continued its slow plunge into the planets atmosphere, taking Trunks and its passengers with it.
"Butchu!"
"Butchu!"
"Butchu!"
Three small pod-ships shot out of the huge, burning vessel. No doubt some people of high importance.
    Red and Blue looked at the pods, wondering if they should attack . . . 'No . . , the galaxy was way to dangerous to be executing higher ups.
    And yet, they also needed to keep their own two ships from drifting into the planet's gravity.

    Turning the ship around, Leopold plotted coordinates for another planet in the distance. 'That is where the signal is coming from.'
    "What do you think you are doing!?" Bulma yelled, from back on her Earth station.
    "I have to save someone . . ."
    "You're not leaving my son out there by himself!" The outraged woman shouted. Redirecting the controls to stay put.
    " . . . beep!"
    "No . .!" I have to save him! Trunks can hold on. He can . . !"
    Grabbing the joy controls, Leopold launched the vessel towards the planet, overriding Bulma on Earth.
    "No . . . you . . . don't."
    And with a few pushes of some buttons, the genius had full control of the ship.
    But it was too late: the ship had already travelled within close proximity of the desired planet . . .
    " . . . . budoom!"
The small ship rocked as a laser shot out from the planet, hitting the vessel . . . and it too started going down.
As the ship rocked, shook, and creaked . . . the space agent dropped to the floor and covered his head with his hands as some parts of the ship came loose and started falling around him.