1.2

I sat across from Draco. His eyes were glued to the table giving me sometime to study him. His white hair was slicked back while the dark suit he wore almost swallowed him whole. His skin was uncommonly pale compared to everyone else. He jerked his head up, his eyes catching mine. They were a beautiful grey color. Like the calm before a storm. He cocked an eyebrow upwards, his lips in a tight line. I could see the strain in his jaw which was clamped tightly.

"Hello." I said softly. His eyes widened, surprised that someone acknowledged him. He looked nervously at his mother who was speaking hushly with Bellatrix than back at me.

"Hello." He answered quietly as if he was nervous to speak any louder than a whisper. And like that he looked back down at the table, ending the conversation. Rowle bent over, whispering in my ear.

"He's the one who killed Albus Dumbledore." I looked at Rowle slightly who leaned away, a smirk playing on his lips. I glanced back at Draco. He didn't seem like a killer, more so he didn't look like he belonged in this world. A large pale hand landed on his shoulder making Draco jump. Lucius was staring at me with dark eyes, his lips in a sneer.

"Don't look at my daughter, Lucius." Antonin sneered beside me. "I don't want your filthy gaze on her."

"You watch your tongue, Dolohov." Lucius hissed, his grip tightening on Draco's shoulder.

"Or what? You gonna hex me or something? Oh right, you have no wand." I could see Lucius getting riled up, his lips pursed into a thin line. He angrily let go of Draco's shoulder, turning his face away from us. I glanced at my father who had a satisfied smile on his lips. My eyes met Draco's again as he narrowed his eyes towards me. I held his gaze, raising an eyebrow more out of curiosity. He frowned, confusion spreading across his face, opening his mouth slightly before a loud pop startled both of us.

We both looked towards the head of the table as I felt a chill run down my spine. A man stood near the table, his skeletal features protruding from the dark cloak he wore. His fingers taped the surface of the dark wood table as a slow smile spread on his thin lips. His dark eyes looked at each one of the Death Eaters who sat at the table.

"Welcome brothers and sisters. Severus, any news?" I looked at the man who sat closest to Voldemort.

"It will happen tonight, my Lord."

"Where will they take the boy?"

"I presume a house that belongs to an Order member. It has been taken with much precaution to hide the boy."

"Then tonight we attack. We cannot miss this grand opportunity to finally kill Harry Potter." Everyone chuckled while myself and Draco were quiet. We shared a look before I looked back towards Voldemort. His eyes met mine, a sneer on his lips.

"Ah, Dolohov you brought your daughter? Come, come.." My father beamed proudly as he looked at me. I slowly pushed the chair back and walked up towards him, feeling everyone's gaze on me. I stood slightly away from Voldemort, seeing something move on the ground from the corner of my eye. It was a giant snake. I felt my hands clam up as I clutched them into fists. I absolutely hated snakes. Voldemort moved towards me, tilting my chin up with his bony hand. His dark eyes bore into mine as if trying to search for something deep within me.

"You have your mother's eyes. A pity she was a Muggle." I gritted my teeth together as he let go of my chin circling behind me. Whispers echoed between the Death Eaters. It was a known fact that her father had mated with a Muggle prior to when he was a Death Eater. "What's your name, child?"

"Chloe." I barely got out noticing the snake inching closer to my feet. I took a step back falling right into Voldemort's hands which gripped my arms.

"Afraid of snakes?" He whispered as I grimaced feeling the snake's head against my feet. I whispered feeling the snake slither up my legs. The pit of my stomach was sinking and I could feel my heart pounding in my ears. It was getting closer to my face as I clenched my eyes shut.

"My lord." The snake stopped and I could feel Voldemort shift his gaze over. "We should depart. The boy will be moved soon." It was the man named Severus.

"Hrm. Pity." Voldemort said, releasing my arms as I felt the snake slither away from me. I let out a shaky breath reopening my eyes. It felt like my knees were going to buckle underneath me as everyone started to get up, following Voldemort to the door.

"Clover?" I looked slowly up at Rowle who had come to my side. His face was unreadable but then my father had walked up to me, eyes dark with anger.

"How dare you show such weakness to the Dark Lord. We will speak about this at my return." He hissed, turning on his heel and stalking off towards the door. I bit my lower lip feeling Rowle ruffle my hair.

"We'll be back. Stay here."

"Here?" I whispered, eyes wide at Rowle. He nodded, giving me a slight smile.

"This won't take long." He patted my shoulder, turning as well to leave. Everyone had left except for a few people including the Malfoys. Finally finding the strength, I walked to the door and down the stairs to see everyone starting to apparate out of the manor. I saw the familiar robe of my father disappear in a flash of black smoke leaving me alone in the main room.

Apart from snakes, I hated being alone.