1.38

A few weeks had passed.

Andromeda was busy placing up holiday decorations with Theo as I watched quietly from the seat in the living area. Snow covered the grounds around the cottage as I sat huddled by the warm fireplace. Mr. Frank was curled into my lap when I heard a loud pop in the house.

"What the fuck?!" Theo exclaimed falling off the chair he was on as Andromeda squealed. I immediately pulled out my wand staring wide eyed at Poppy.

"Poppy?! What..what are you doing here?!" I helped him up as he looked frantically all around him. Theo had jumped back up pointing his wand as I shook my head.

"Poppy! Poppy came looking for Clover! Master Draco released Poppy from his duties!"

"What?" I crouched down to be eye level with him. "He let you go?"

"Yes! Master Draco gave Poppy his scarf to give to Clover! Master Draco said he didn't want Clover to be cold this Christmas." I bit my lower lip taking the black wool scarf from him. I clutched onto it bringing it to my chest. It smelled just like him.

"Poppy did what Clover asked. Poppy made sure Master Draco ate." I laughed softly as I hugged Poppy.

"Thank you. I knew I could count on you." Poppy smiled as I released him.

"Andromeda, Theo..this is Poppy."

"Ah, Poppy! Chloe has told us all about you. You must be freezing!" Andromeda said, whipping her wand out and pointing it towards Poppy. He squealed as a fitted sweater and pants flashed onto him as he gasped.

"Poppy could never..!"

"Oh please, you're one of Chloe's friends. Take it as a Christmas present." Andromeda smiled as Poppy smiled widely at her. Theo looked at Poppy quizzically, flicking one of his large ears.

"Elves have such huge ears. Can you hear better because of it?" We all looked at Theo who looked at us confused.

"What?"

.

Poppy sat across from me, holding a cup of tea. Andromeda and Theo continued with their decorations as Poppy glanced at me quickly.

"Poppy noticed Clover didn't come to meetings." I had ignored all of the calls from Voldemort. I was no longer one of them and no longer safe outside of this cottage. Remus had promised to put Katya and her family in hiding.

"I'm not one of them anymore, Poppy."

"So Clover is on the good side now?" Poppy brightened up as I laughed.

"Yes, we're on the good side now."

"Will Clover ever go see Master Draco again?" I hesitated at his question. He looked at me with large eyes as I smiled sadly at the elf.

"No, Poppy. I..don't think I'll ever see Draco again."

"B..but Master Draco says he loves you..he told Poppy! He said that no matter the distance, he will always love and look for you." My heart ached at his words as I bit my lower lip, refusing to let anymore tears come out.

"Poppy..since you came here can you apparate back to the Manor?"

"Of course! Poppy is an elf! We can go anywhere!" I motioned for him to stay put as I ran up the stairs to my room. I shuffled through my wardrobe finding my dark blue scarf as I ran back downstairs. It was the same scarf I had worn when we visited Svetlogorsk. I handed it to Poppy who clutched it carefully.

"Take this to Draco. Tell him Merry Christmas and that..that I..I miss him dearly." Poppy nodded but hesitated looking at me.

"Does Clover love Master Draco?"

"I will always love Draco." I whispered as he smiled, nodding. Poppy immediately apparated out of the cottage as I gripped Draco's scarf in my lap. I placed it on, wrapping it loosely around my neck. I kissed the ends of it softly.

"Merry Christmas, Draco.."