1.29

Katya wanted us both to stay for dinner which I had politely declined but Draco wanted to stay. He thought it would be good for me to spend some time with those who cared for my well-being. That earned a lot of points with Katya. She said she was going to make my favorite, a pork roast just for celebration.

We parted ways as I let out a sigh. Draco looked over at me raising an eyebrow.

"What's wrong?" I blushed at his gaze as I looked down immediately.

"N..nothing.." He moved to be in front, tilting my head up with his fingers. He chuckled at the redness on my cheeks.

"Oh..is it because of what I said on the ferry?" He smirked as I tried to pull away from his touch but his grip was firm, keeping me in place.

"N..no! It's...not.."

"We won't stay long, Clover." He smirked, finally releasing my chin as I let out a shaky breath. He reached for my hand, grasping it tightly. "Let's go say hello to your mother." He said softly. I nodded pulling him in the direction of where our home was. Svetlogorsk was a seaside village with only about 100 people living in the small town. Everyone knew everything about everyone. It was just one of those places.

Large homes were settled right on the beach with a large cement boardwalk as people were coming and going. I held onto Draco's hand tighter as I already spotted a few people I recognized. A large burly man and a small girl were standing nearby as the girl turned towards me, her big blue eyes widening.

"Papa! It's Clover!" The man turned as I smiled at them both. The little girl ran over to me as I crouched down to scoop her up in my arms.

"My goodness! Look at how big you are, Anya."

"Clovers back! Clovers back!" She squealed, hugging me tightly around my neck. Draco watched us quietly as Anya slowly pulled away, hiding behind my hair. "Clo..theres a strange man looking at you.."

"Strange? I'm not strange you-" Draco snapped as I shot him a look.

"Anya, this is Draco..Draco this is Katya's granddaughter, Anya.." I set Anya down in the ground as she held my fingers tightly staring at Draco. He sighed, looking at her, his hands deep in his pockets. Note to self, Draco was not a fan of children.

"Hello." He slowly said, his eyes narrowing slightly down at her. She hid behind me, staring down at her tiny feet.

"Clover!!" I looked up to see the large man walk towards me giving me a large hug picking me up slightly. I laughed as he set me down ruffling my hair. "Look at how big you are! Matta told me you were here and I couldn't believe it. Look are you!"

"How about this beard though, Dimitri?" I pointed to his large brown beard as he let out a bellow of a laugh. His dark eyes twinkled in the sunlight as he placed his hands on his hips.

"It's quite nice isn't it?"

"You look like a true native of Iceland." I smirked as he laughed. He looked towards Draco, a frown settling on his lips quickly. He eyed him up and down.

"Puny little man." I placed a hand on Draco's arm, smiling slightly at Dimitri. Draco was seething under my touch.

"Dimitri, this is Draco. My boyfriend. Draco this is Dimitri, Katya's son." Draco and Dimitri glared at each other sizing each other up as Dimitri slowly set out a large hand towards Draco. He shook it stiffly, the two never looking away from each other. I laughed nervously as Draco wrapped an arm around my waist holding me tightly. Dimitri frowned as Anya squeezed my hand.

"Are you staying for dinner, Clover?"

"I am, Anya. Do you think you can make me one of those flower crowns you used to make for me?"