1.25

I woke up slowly in a field of flowers. I gasped seeing the multitude of pink, yellow, and blue daisies that surrounded me. A 4 leaf clover was nestled in front of me as I reached for it, plucking it out. I twirled it in my fingers as I brought my other hand up, pausing as I gasped at my arm. From the elbow down it was littered with small and long jagged scars. I placed the clover down tracing over each scar turning my arm up and down.

"Chloe?" I jerked my head up to see my mother standing nearby, smiling softly at me.

"Mum?" I whispered, standing up slowly. "Why..why are you here?" She walked towards me, her steps graceful as a billowing white dress blew behind her and around her small frame. Her brown hair billowed around her face in curls as she touched my cheek, her touch warm and gentle.

"I thought I'd check up on you." She smiled stroking my cheek. "You've grown so much, my little Chloe." Tears sprang to my eyes as I wrapped my arms around her, sobbing. She slowly wrapped her arms around me, kissing the top of my head.

"Mum...." She soothed me gently sitting me down to hold me against her.

"Shh, shh..we don't have much time, Clover. I want you to listen to me carefully." I looked up at my mother's face as she smiled gently down at me. "You remember what I taught you about those you love and care for? To always protect them and keep them close. To never give up on them no matter how anyone else tries to persuade you. Right?" I nodded as she placed her forehead against mine.

"I saved your father once and now it's your turn to save the man you care for."

"Mum..I don't.."

"You have your father's stubbornness." She laughed softly, the sound like ringing windchimes. "I feel your heart yearning for him, Clover."

"He's..a difficult man, mum."

"But he makes you feel loved doesnt he?" I blushed as she smiled again slowly letting go of me and standing up. I tried to follow but my legs heavily weighed me down. I reached for my mom as she held my hands tightly, smiling. "I love you Clover. I'm so proud of you." She slowly let go of my hands, the flower petals starting to swirl rapidly around her.

"No! Don't go!"

"Save him, Clover."