1.19

Draco slowly pulled away from me, his cheeks flush with color. His hands released me trailing both of his thumbs against my cheeks than my lips. I let out a shaky breath slowly letting go of his shirt, my eyes feeling glazed from the passion that had just happened between us. I blinked a bit before placing a hand over my mouth. My heart was beating so fast and loud that I wouldn't be surprised if Draco could hear it. Draco raised an eyebrow at me as if nothing had happened.

"What?"

"You..You kissed me..?"

"And..?"

"Pansy..?" I squealed out beneath my hand as he just rolled his eyes, taking a step away from me.

"It's just an arrangement. It was never official." He said quietly, shuffling his feet against the floor.

"Malfoy.." he looked back at me as I crumbled to the floor, sitting down on my behind.

"Dolohov? Hello?" He immediately kneeled down placing both hands on my shoulders. "Hey!" I stared at him absently slowly moving my hand away from my mouth.

"Th..that was my first kiss..." we stared at each in shock until Draco started to laugh. Full on laugh. It was the first time I had heard it at all.

"Are you serious Dolohov?! Is that why you look like you're about to pass out?" I frowned at him pushing him away from me as he fell back, still laughing. I stood up but was stopped again by Draco. He was holding my wrist, a small smile on his lips. "Stay?" I looked at him before letting out a sigh and sitting back down. He smirked, scooching closer to me but still being across from me. He let go of my wrist, placing his hands behind him for support. He angled himself so his long legs could lay out flat, his ankles crossing. I pulled my knees to my chest, playing with my shirt as I glanced at Draco. He was looking absently towards the other wall, a playful smile on his lips.

I wanted to kiss him again.

I blushed forcing myself to look down at my knees. I squeezed my eyes shut shaking the thought from my head. I had just kissed Draco Malfoy.

"Don't look so ashamed, Dolohov. Most girls would die for my attention." He smirked towards me as I shot him a glare.

"I'm not one of those girls, Malfoy." I said, frowning. He smirked.

"You sure? You seemed to have thoroughly enjoyed yourself." I blushed even more kicking his thigh slightly. He laughed again, this time sitting up and moving towards me. I leaned away slightly as he forced my legs down, placing the back of his head on my lap. I held in a squeak as he comfortably adjusted himself on my lap, sighing in content.

"This is nice." I frowned.

"I'm not your pillow."

"You haven't pushed me off so.." he winked at me as I sighed, placing my hands on either side of me. It was taking every bit of me to not run my fingers through his hair.

"Why did you kiss me, Malfoy?" He looked up at me, his eyebrows furrowed together as if he was having issues answering or comprehending my question. He looked away from me.

"I..really don't know." We were quiet for a few as I felt my stomach sink into me. Why was I feeling so sad? Did I really think he actually sort of cared for me?

"I just know that I don't regret it." He said after a while. I smiled slightly, leaning my head back against the wall.

"I don't either." He smirked, reaching for my hand and kissing my palm. I blushed looking back down at him.

"Your hands are so small." He frowned holding it up to his face. I laughed slightly as he held it against his chest. I could feel his strong heartbeat through his chest.

"My mother was a very petite lady. Look." I pulled out my locket from under my shirt with my free hand, opening it. I leaned down so Draco could see the photo of her. He peered at it, staring at it for a while.

"You look just like your mother." I smiled, putting the locket away as he settled back into my lap.

"That's what my father always said..."

"What happened to your mother, Dolohov?" He asked, looking up at me. I bit my lower lip. "You don't have to tell me. I'm just being-"

"No, no it's okay. I don't mind." I smiled down at him bringing my hand up to brush a few strands away from his forehead. He sighed, a slight smirk on his lips as I ran my fingers through his hair. It felt soft like velvet as I continued the motions.

"I was 12 when she died. We used to live in the outskirts of Moscow, in the country. My mother wanted to be out there after she had me. She had always lived in the big city and finally wanted some peace and quiet with her family. My mother was the most beautiful woman inside and out. She was a master of ballet but also a very humble woman. She was fascinated with the Wizarding World and my father was absolutely smitten by her." I smiled at the memory. "Father wanted me to be a ballet dancer just like her but mother wanted me to be a witch. She didn't want me to be in the competitive and fierce world of ballet and thought maybe it would be easier being a witch." Draco snorted as I also laughed.

"Anyways..I was 12. I didn't want to do the homework that my mother had wanted me to do. I remember arguing with her at how stupid Muggle homework was compared to magic. I..I said some really hurtful things to her and that was when they came. Robbers. They.." I choked up, biting my lip. Draco sat up pulling me immediately into him as he leaned against the wall. His legs surrounded mine as he wrapped his arms around my waist, my back against his chest. I let out a slow breath. "They wanted me. Threatened my mother who protected me with her life. She fought so much but they..they did horrible things to her right in front of me. I watched her suffer in front of me and all she could say to me was that she loved me. She wanted me to be happy. She didn't want me to hate those..those killers for what they were doing to her. But I couldn't stop, I was so angry. That I didn't even know what had happened until my father came home.."

"What happened?" Draco whispered, pressing small kisses to the side of my head.

"I..I was still learning how to control my magic that it just snapped. They all.." I trailed off, biting my lower lip. I turned towards Draco, fear crawling through my veins. He brushed my hair aside, tilting my head up to him. He pressed another kiss to my lips as I sighed softly. "Savi tried to stop me but one of them killed her and I just couldn't. I just wanted all of them to die, to suffer just like how they did my mother. So I killed them. Each one of them."

Draco was watching me, rubbing his thumb against my cheek as he smirked.

"You think that's gonna scare me, Dolohov? I had to undergo initiation as a Death Eater, I cursed a student, almost poisoned a professor, and saw Dumbledore fall to his death. So your dark past is just the cherry on top, Dolohov." I laughed at his joke. "But I'm..sorry for your loss, Chloe. No one should ever have to witness something as terrible as that."

He said it again. My name. It made my heart flutter. I looked back up at Draco, reaching my hand up to his cheek.

"You're scaring me, Draco. I don't know how I feel with you being so nice to me." He smirked, kissing my palm again.

"I don't think I'm that scary, Dolohov. But I was thinking on what you were saying. About running away from how I feel. You make me want to treat you with utter care and delicacy and that's something I'm not used to. I'm not good at that kind of thing. And I've..never felt this way about anyone. That's what scares me." I blushed, looking down at my hands.

"What about your parents and Pansy?" I whispered. He frowned while playing with my hair.

"That's a different story." I laughed a bit, leaning back against him. He brushed his lips against my ear, his cool breath tickling it.

"You'll be my little secret for now."