1.37

My jaw dropped.

"What?" I whispered. My eyes darted towards Theo who shook his head also in shock.

"He's being held within the Order. We caught him earlier when he was stunned."

"Can I see him?" Remus and Tonks looked between each other.

"I don't think that would be a great idea." Remus said, glancing at Tonks. I frowned as Andromeda placed a hand on my arm.

"You understand why right?" I looked at Andromeda before nodding slowly. They didn't want the Order hideout to be leaked out nor did they want me to help free my father out.

"Is he alright though?" I whispered, gazing down at Teddy who had calmed down.

"He's fine. Just refuses to eat sometimes." I sighed as I leaned back in my seat a bit.

"Sounds like him.." Theo looked uncomfortably back and forth between everyone as he cleared his throat.

"Uh, these spinach puffs are amazing Auntie Meda!" Everyone looked at Theo before breaking out in soft laughter. I smiled at Theo who winked at me.

"They're recruiting younger and younger.." Remus said, glancing at me. "After the Malfoy boy, I would think they wouldn't do it anymore."

"Cissy mentioned a few Slytherin students have been initiated." Andromeda whispered. I glanced at her as she ate her dinner quietly. Narcissa must want to do good if she was giving Andromeda information like that.

"It bothers me that they're doing that. Children shouldn't be fighting." Tonks stated, aggressively eating her food. I looked down at Teddy who was sleeping peacefully against my chest. My heart was thumping as the words came out of my mouth before I could stop them.

"He's planning a war."

Everyone stopped, looking at each than back at me. I gritted my teeth together, adjusting Teddy so he was more comfortable.

"That's why he's recruiting so many people now."

"And why are you telling us this?" Tonks said, narrowing her eyes at me. I stroked Teddy's hair letting out a slow breath.

"Because I don't like Voldemort anymore than you do. I was forced into this as much as Draco was and.." I caught my breath, realizing that tears were streaming down my cheeks, "and..if I can't make a difference in his life now I might as well die trying." Theo placed a hand on my shoulder, tightening it. I rubbed away my tears, smiling slightly at him.

"You love him." He gently said as I just smiled at his words. Tonks and Remus looked at each other once more before Remus smiled at me.

"Love is a powerful thing in the darkest of times, Chloe. I can see where your loyalty truly lies." I smiled at Remus's words as we all continued dinner quietly.

Tonks had taken Teddy out of my arms when they were about to leave. She smiled sheepishly my way, hugging me with one arm. I blinked in confusion as she tightened her hold on me.

"Remus said your mother was a Muggle. She would be very proud of you." She pulled away, smiling at me. I smiled as well as Remus shook my hand.

"We'll let the Order know what you've told us. Should you know anything else, let us know. And..welcome to the Order." I nodded as they said their goodbyes to Theo and Andromeda before disappearing quickly into the night. Andromeda turned, clasping her hands together.

"Theo! It's your turn to clean the kitchen."

"What?! I did it yesterday though!" Andromeda shot him a look as he groaned, slouching in his way over towards the table. I laughed at his reaction. She placed a hand on my shoulder, squeezing it.

"You've made the right choice, Chloe. And I'll help you however I can in saving my nephew. He deserves happiness."

I smiled at her words as I nodded. I watched as she made her way over towards Theo, teasing him about his slow cleaning skills as my smile slowly faded. The Mark burned against my skin as I gripped it tightly.

I made my decision. I turned my back on my father to save the man I love. Even if it meant loving him from afar.