1.20

Draco and I spoke for hours later that night. He explained to me about everything he had gone through since his first year at Hogwarts. How a troll ended up in Hogwarts, his duel with Harry in the 2nd year, how he almost lost an arm to a Hipogriff, about the Tri-Wizard Tournament, and then about how he had become a part of the Inquisitorial Squad. The flickering of the candlelight casted beautiful shadows across his pale face as I watched him talk delightfully about catching Harry during one of his meetings with Dumbledore's Army. He looked so happy speaking about his adventures during school as I smiled slightly at him.

We had both moved to his bed sitting across from each cross legged. He had brought some grapes and strawberries into the room as I popped a few grapes into my mouth.

"I have a question for you, Dolohov." I looked at him, his lips turning up into a playful smirk. "Why do they call you Clover?" I smiled slightly.

"I used to be able to find 4 leaf clovers really well back in Moscow," I saw the look of confusion on his face, "4 leaf clovers are known to be super lucky. It's a superstition for Muggles. So yeah, everyone started calling me Clover."

"Can I call you Clover?" He asked, smirking even more. I blushed slightly, nibbling on the grape.

"If...If you want..but my turn! can I ask you a question?" I asked as he nodded, taking a bite out of a strawberry. "Why did you pick on Harry so much? And the red head? Oh and Hermione?" Draco frowned a bit, pulling the stem away from the strawberry as he chewed on it thoughtfully.

"I don't know. I just felt like it. I told you. I'm not used to being a nice person to anyone, not even to my own Housemates. That's just not me. Plus everyone was like, oh Harry's the chosen one, yadda yadda. Pft." He shrugged as I frowned a bit, throwing a vine at him. He laughed slightly.

"That's not a good enough reason, Malfoy. I'm sure you don't enjoy being the bad guy that much." Draco tilted his head a bit before smirking.

"No, I definitely enjoy it." I sighed as I picked on a few more grapes. "I think I'd have a great time teasing you during school." I blushed, throwing the grape at Draco as he laughed even more, popping it into his mouth. I smiled though as he leaned back onto the bed, coming to lay his head beside my legs.

"What happened last year Draco?" I looked down at him as slowly I watched his face change. From it being playful and happy to a solemn, almost pained expression. I placed a hand on his arm. "I'm sorry, you don't have to answer that if it makes you uncomfortable." He shook his head, placing his hands behind his head.

"No, it's about time I let it out." He explained to me how at the very beginning he joined the Death Eaters and what his tasks were. Restore the cabinet in The Room of Requirement, bring Death Eaters into Hogwarts, than kill Dumbledore. He explained how he wanted to first try cursing Dumbledore with a necklace that he had found at Borgin and Burkes but it ended up cursing a student instead. She lived, thankfully. Next, he tried delivering some mead to Dumbledore through a professor but he ended up drinking it and almost became poisoned. Thankfully, he also lived.

Finally, he had to give in to repairing the cabinet. The Death Eaters came and he watched Dumbledore die in front of him.

"So you didn't kill Dumbledore then?" I whispered. He glanced up at him, propping himself upright on his arm to face me. His face looked frightened, almost scared.

"Does..that make you feel differently about me?" He asked quietly. I looked at him, a soft smile spreading on my lips. I cupped his face kissing his lips softly feeling him smile against the kiss. I pulled away, blushing slightly.

"Not at all. If anything, it makes me feel much better about you. It makes me think you truly do have a good side to you." He chuckled, drawing circles on my thigh.

"I..I was so distraught last year. It felt suffocating to be in school. I honestly wanted to jump off of the Astronomy Tower at one point." My heart broke for Draco. He had no choice but to follow after his family's path of destruction and no one was there to help him throughout the entire way. "But I'm glad I didn't. Because then, I wouldn't have met you." He chuckled as I laughed with him.

"You act as if I've saved you from something, Malfoy." He smiled, leaning back onto his back, staring up at the dark ceiling. He didn't say anything as I glanced down at him. His smile had faded as he let out a slow breath.

"Chloe."

"Hm?"

"I won't be good at this, at all. There'll be times when I lash out because it's the only thing I know how to." He sat up looking at me fully, a mixture of emotions running through his face. "Just...be patient with me, okay?"

I smiled at him. Such a frail and conflicted boy with the most beautiful eyes, I had ever seen.

"I think you're doing a pretty good job so far, Draco." We both smiled at each other as he leaned over to kiss my cheek. "But it's late. I have an early start tomorrow." He raised an eyebrow at me as I slid off the bed.

"What's going on tomorrow?"

"Rowle asked me to go with him to Gringotts tomorrow. Something about your aunt's vault?" Draco's face fell as I leaned over kissing his forehead. "I can ask if you can come with?" His face brightened up slightly as he leaned towards me to kiss my lips. I blushed as he bit my lower lip slightly. He smirked pulling away as he winked at me, walking me to his door.

"I keep forgetting that I was your first kiss..was I good?" I blushed furiously as I opened his door, frowning at him.

"You're literally the only guy I've ever kissed. How am I supposed to know if it was good or bad?" He smirked leaning towards me and whispered into my ear.

"Because of the way your stomach does a flip and it makes you feel all tingly inside. And the desire for more. That means it was good." He pulled away, winking at me as I rolled my eyes at him scurrying off to my door. I placed my hand on the door knob glancing back at Draco as he smiled my way.

"Goodnight, Dolohov." I smiled back at him, opening my door.

"Goodnight, Malfoy."

I closed the door behind me, my heart pounding as I covered my face with my hands, smiling underneath.

"Yes, you were most definitely good, Draco.."