1.23

Draco POV

I leaned against the headboard of my bed looking down at my lap. I ran a hand through my hair, gritting my teeth together. I looked in disgust down at Pansy's naked body that lay beside me riddled with dark marks and bruises. She stirred underneath the sheets turning towards me, her arm lazily wrapping around my waist. I flinched shifting away from her and sliding off the bed. I pulled on my clothes, rolling my shoulders back as I stared at my floor length mirror. What was I doing? Shacking up with Pansy but constantly thinking of Chloe throughout it all. All I wanted was to ravage her, fill myself into her, hear her soft sighs, whimpers, and the gentle way she said my name..

"Narcissa! NARCISSA!!" A voice bellowed through the Manor. It broke me out of my thoughts as I frowned wondering who was yelling. I opened my door hearing the frantic yelling even louder.

"NARCISSA!" I growled, closing the door behind me and stomped down the stairs.

"What the fuck-" I paused seeing Rowle with blood all over the front of his robes. "Thorfinn..?" Rowle looked my way, eyes wide.

"Narcissa...your mother!" Narcissa came bolting out of the dining room, her eyes wide as she grasped onto Rowle's shoulders. Pansy had come down lazily on the steps, leaning against me as I felt my heartbeat quicken. Wasn't Chloe meeting Rowle today? Where was she?

"Thorfinn. What's the matter?"

"I..I can't heal her. Please. It's Chloe."

My breath caught in my throat. I felt sick to my stomach as I took a step forward on the last step. It felt like a rope was being tied around my chest making it almost hard to breathe as Thorfinn looked down at his hands that were covered in blood. Narcissa let in a sharp inhale grasping his sleeve.

"Take me to her. Now."

"I'm coming." I stated walking closer to them. My mother looked at me, lips tight.

"Stay here, Draco."

"No! I'm coming."

"Draco, she's just a halfblood.." Pansy snickered as I shot her a cold glare. Her face went pale as she took a step away from me.

"I said I'm coming." I snarled out as Rowle and Narcissa exchanged a look.

"We need to go now." Rowle pleaded as my mother gave me one last look before all 3 of us apparated out of the manor and appeared in front of Gringotts. I gawked at the sight. The bank looked like it was about to collapse, shards of glass and rubble were strewn all over the ground. Rowle immediately ran inside while mother and I followed him. I covered my mouth with my sleeve smelling the rancid smell of Goblin blood. They were collapsed all over the place, dead under the chaotic rubble of stones. A few Death Eaters were talking nervously to each other.

"Harry Potter.."
"Stole the Horocrux.."

Narcissa let out a sharp gasp stopping in her tracks in the middle of the broken aisle. I glanced at her than towards the area she was looking at. My heart stopped in my chest. Chloe was slumped over, her left arm completely battered , slashed, and bloodied. Her head was hanging low as if she were sleeping. Rowle was standing a few feet away from her as I ran towards her. I shook her shoulders, gasping at the amount of blood that had pooled around her body. She was pale and cold as her body moved limply in my hands.

"Dolohov.." I whispered, shaking her more. "Chloe!" I shouted, frantically pulling her face up to look at me. Her eyes slowly opened, the brightness of her once dark eyes now clouded in pain. Her pale lips spread up into a slight smile.

"Must be heaven, mum...cause there's an angel in front of me.." she whispered. I chewed on my lower lip hard as her eyes slowly closed again.

"No, no, stay awake! Look at me! Mother!" Narcissa had come to my side, kneeling down and taking hold of her arm. She let in a sharp inhale softly speaking the incantations to heal her. Chloe's eyes burst open as she writhed against our hold. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she let out a scream.

"It burns! Please! My arm is on fire!"

"Chloe! Look at me! I know it hurts but..but please.." I choked back on a sob. The same throbbing pain echoed through me almost similar to the one I felt when I had to face Dumbledore. Chloe quieted down, crying as I thumbed away her tears. I looked into her eyes as her breathing slowed.

"Draco...?"

"I'm right here." I glanced down at her arm. Narcissa had closed her wounds but it left jagged scars up and down her once beautiful skin. They were bright red in color as she looked at me with dark eyes.

"She's lost a lot of blood, Draco. We need to get her home. You go, I'll stay here." She whispered. I nodded as I cradled her against my chest, not caring about the blood that stained my clothes. Rowle stared at me, his eyes narrowing before taking a look at Narcissa. "She needs rest, Rowle. She's lost a tremendous amount of blood. Draco will take her back to the Manor."

"Who did this to her?" I growled out, staring at Chloe's sleeping face.

"A guard panicked. She was trying to save that blasted dragon." Rowle snapped, glaring at the guard who stood rigidly in the other corner. I turned slightly but Narcissa placed a hand on my shoulder stopping me.

"Don't, Draco. He will be dealt with." She whispered glancing at Rowle. "Go before he comes." She let go of me as I glared at Rowle. He returned it a sneer covering his face. I held Chloe tight to me as we apparated with a quick pop.