1.44

Draco POV

Her body heaved against mine once more when I watched her eyes close.

"N..no...Chloe...Clover.." I whispered, her body growing cold underneath my touch as I pressed harder against her large wound, my other hand shaking her shoulder.

"Wake up, baby, please. PLEASE!" I shouted, a hoarse cry escaping my lips. I held her body close to mine, heavy sobs echoing through my body. Hands tugged on my shoulders as I refused to let go of her. "Let me go!" I screamed, forcing the hands away from me.

"We've gotta get inside, mate!" I jerked my head up to see Theo watching me with dark eyes. Theodore Nott. One of my closest mates during our school years, back from the shadows. He narrowed his eyes at me, shaking my shoulder. "Get up! Look!" He pointed behind me as I looked over my shoulder seeing Potter and Voldemort shooting spell after spell at each other. The Death Eaters had all disappeared, Fenrir's dead body laying in the rubble as I could see my mother running towards me. She knelt down beside me, cupping my face.

"Draco, darling."

"Clover.." I mustered out, my eyes moving back to her body. Her. Only her.

"Goddamnit, Malfoy! Get up!" Theodore shouted again forcing me up as I gripped onto Chloe's body hoisting her against my chest. People were rushing inside, McGonagall ushering everyone in as we all crammed inside the Great Hall. Theo led me towards the back as I clutched onto Chloe's body. Everyone was staring at me, not with hatred, but with utter sadness. I gritted my teeth together as I slowly laid Chloe's body down on the floor. I fell to my knees beside her body holding her cold hand. Theodore stood beside me, placing a hand on my shoulder, gripping it tightly. The distant rumbling of the battle dulled in my head as I looked over Chloe's face.

Be happy. That was what she last said. I clenched my jaw together, fighting back the tears.

"How can I be happy without you, Clover?" I barely made out as I held her hand tightly. It felt like my heart was being torn out and shattering into a million pieces. Her laughter and smiles filled my thoughts as I reached up to her hair stroking it. I leaned forward kissing her forehead, tears spilling from my eyes as I rested my forehead against hers.

A clatter of footsteps came up behind us as I felt Theodore shift slightly beside me.

"She can't be.." I slowly pulled away feeling a shadow over us as I looked up to see Andromeda kneeling down beside Chloe. My aunt Andromeda. She had tears in her eyes as her hands shakily reached for Chloe's face barely touching it as she settled her hands on her arm. "No..I can't lose both you and Nymphadora.." She sobbed as Lupin came over to hold her shoulders. Narcissa had also walked around to comfort her sister as Andromeda sobbed even harder.

"Malfoy.." I glanced beside me to see Granger and Weasley kneeling down. I narrowed my eyes at her.

"You..if you hadn't stopped me, she would be alive by now!" I shouted as Granger blinked in confusion. Weasley glared at me while we all stood up. Theodore got in the middle separating us as he glared at me.

"Stop, Malfoy! That's not what matters now!"

"Are you fucking dumb?! She's dead because you and Granger decided to stop me!"

"She wanted you to stay with us! She made me promise to make you stay!" Granger spat out, narrowing her dark brown eyes at me. "Chloe, without a doubt, wanted you to live on and never regret your decisions after today! Even if it meant her dying for it!" I blinked in confusion towards her as I gritted my teeth together.

"She absolutely breathed for you, Malfoy. So much that she didn't even care about her own pains." Granger softly said falling against Weasley who held her tightly by her arms. I clenched my hands into fists, turning my face away from them and back down towards Chloe.

"She loved you a lot, Malfoy. More than anything in this world." Theo whispered to me as I glared at him. He gave me a wry smile, glancing down at her body. "I..I could've stopped her from leaving but..I knew what she was doing. She was sacrificing herself for you. For all of us.." He walked away from me going towards the other side where Nymphadora's body lay.

"Bloody hell! Neville's killed the snake!" Someone shouted from the door as everyone rushed back outside. Narcissa helped Andromeda up as they both slowly walked over as Remus stayed behind with me.

"Extraordinary person for a Death Eater." He muttered.

"She was more than just that. She never wanted it." I spat out as Lupin chuckled walking over towards me, setting his hand on my shoulder.

"That's exactly what she said about you."

"He's done it! Harry's killed Voldemort!" Large cheers erupted from the courtyard as Lupin slowly pulled me away from Chloe's body.

"She'd want you to celebrate your freedom, Draco." He murmured taking a look back at his wife's body. "They'd both want us too." My feet moved on its own as I glanced back at Chloe.

"It's finally over, Clover.."