Rose's Redemption

3rd person Point of view

*Flash back *

Alex stepped into the road and within a second all she could see was the bright lights of the cars and a shooting pain fly down the back of her spine as her head slammed against the concrete road.
Rose stood by Alex's body, hands shaking as she called an ambulance and eyes filled with tears as her voice wobbled asking the ambulance to come quick.

"Please baby, please." Rose's voice cracked. "I'm sorry wake up, please I can't lose you, I need you baby. You're my world Alex. Please, Alex mommy needs you to be okay." Rose said with a teary voice. "The ambulance is here baby you're gonna be okay. I promise, I promised I wouldn't let anything happen to you ever."

2 days later

It had been two days since the horrific accident and Alex was now in surgery on her lower spine, she had been in and out of consciousness for the last two days and barely spoke a word because of the an pain she was in.

Rose on the other hand hasn't left Alex's side at all, Rachel and Katy had been coming in turns to give Rose clothes and to ensure she was eating. Rachel and Katy was deeply sad for Alex and Rose, but Katy was effected hugely all she could think about was poor little Alex and wouldn't stop asking her mommy to check up on the pair. Rachel was doing her best to make sure Rose was beating herself up to much but it was impossible Rose felt awful and blamed herself.

Alex's mom, Lisa has been visiting Alex and is devastated. She was worried for Rose too she could see the bags appear under her eyes. Rose was pacing up and down the hall waiting for Alex to come out of surgery.

"Hi Miss Collins, Miss Quinn is about to come out of surgery she's doing okay. We will get her all set up in her room and you may sit back with her." The nurse said to Rose making her ease down a bit.

"Thank you very much." Rose finally sat down on the corridor chair as she watched a sedated Alex get wheeled out of to the her room.

Rose was allowed back in to the room and she sat quietly down next to Alex and waited until she would awoke, but after sleeping two hours in the last 2 days she feel asleep pretty hard. Alex however awoke and felt much more aware of her surroundings then she had since arriving at the hospital, she sat up slightly and reached for the drink next to her, helping her throat feel at ease. Her back felt numb and her head felt heavy but she felt much better than before. To her left was Rose fast asleep on the armchair, she doesn't look comfortable at all Alex thought. She smiled widely, Rose didn't leave me she thought.

Rose shifted uncomfortably in the armchair her back clicking loudly as well as her neck when she turned, she lifted her arm to rub her neck.

"Ouch" Alex whispered.

"Ouch indeed sweetie." Rose chuckled, until she shot up quickly. "Hey baby, you're awake." She whispered her eyes filling with tears at the site of Alex sitting up with a drink in her hand.

"Yep." Alex smiled before looking down at her lap.

"Let me get you a nurse." Rose stood up.

"Don't leave." Alex looked up.

"I will be right back. I promise." And as Rose promised she returned with a nurse who checked over Alex's vitals and increased her medicine dosage.

"That should do, if she's in anymore pain please come find me Miss Collins or another nurse on the ward. A doctor will be in shortly Alexis." The nurse smiled warmly at Alex making her feel at ease. Rose felt the warmth of Alex hand as she slowly wanted to hold hands.

Rose pulled the chair closer holding Alex's hand, she rubbed her thumb gently over Alex's hand." I'm so sorry baby, please forgive me. I shouldn't have pushed away your feelings or blame them on alcohol. I hid something from you because I didn't want my past coming between us again, I love you and I promise to do better to protect you."