Chapter 11 - The Movie Queen's Domineering Fan (11)

Qiao Zixin hadn't had alcohol in a long time. So, after drinking four or five cups, she felt the alcohol making her dizzy. She told Xu Zifan. Xu Zifan got busy telling the deputy director and assistant to help greet everyone and accompanied Qiao Zixin to go outside to sober up. He let Qiao Zixin sit on the soft chair and whispered: "You rest here first, I'll ask the waiter for a bottle of water. "

"Okay, good." Qiao Zixin rested her chin on her hand on the table, smiled, and nodded at him.

Qiao Zixin looked at Xu Zifan's back as he strode away and smiled again. Before when she was in Xingchen, the wife of the President had recognized her as an adoptive sister and always liked to take her to dinner with many people. Although she was allowed to accompany guests to drink a few glasses of wine, she would be too tired after taking part in a movie and would sit there with the hostess. She could not show that she had a splitting headache. At that time, she felt that her Godsister was her 'Bole', who took care of her. She must not disappoint her Godsister. Now it was really funny to think about, but Godsister had scolded her for using their names for work, for not giving them face and offending people everywhere.

(Bólè [伯乐] = the horse connoisseur. It's means: those who are good at discovering, recommending, cultivating and using talent. English equivalent: a good senior in work, or a muse; someone that takes you to the top and helps you hone your skills.)

It was not the same as Xu Zifan. Before she knew it, she felt familiar with him. As long as she had him around, she would feel very safe. It was really good that he took in her thoughts first. She met her real 'Bole' at the lowest point of her life and also met her guardian, just like a knight. She was really lucky.

A waiter brought a bottle of pure water a cup and politely said, "Miss Qiao, Mr. Xu is going to his car to get you sobering soup and you may need to warm it up in the kitchen. Please wait for a moment. I'll stand over there, you can wave to me if you need anything."

"Okay, thank you." Qiao Zixin smiled and felt better after drinking half a glass of water. She took out her mobile phone and waited for Xu Zifan while playing games.

"Xin Xin?"

Qiao Zixin felt her light was blocked and looked up and saw Liu Jie standing there holding Lin Yan's arm.

"Is it really you?" Lin Yan hadn't seen Qiao Zixin for several months. He saw that she was not gaunt at all because of the breakup; even beautifully wearing a white t-shirt and jeans.  He couldn't put his thoughts into words. It seemed that after they broke up, she became even more beautiful. He liked Qiao Zixin, but he did not resist the temptation of his first love when she pleased him. He did something wrong and then it spiralled out of control. He could only move on after having wronged Qiao Zixin and then marry Liu Jie.

He felt guilty when he thought about how Qiao Zixin's fame had plummeted because of Liu Jie. "Xin Xin, I watched today's hot search list. Is it true that you want to make a new Director's movie?  I heard that it's still a small investment, except you, they are all group performers and students. How did you get this kind of movie?"

Qiao Zixin looked down at her watch and casually said, "Don't bother Mr. Lin, we're not familiar with each other."

Lin Yan frowned and said earnestly, "The past is the past. The entertainment circle has always been like this. There are no permanent friends or enemies. I can help you if you want to do a movie. Recently, Director Li asked me to play a supporting actor in a movie. I can recommend you to audition for female number three. Director Li is a well-known director. As long as you are good at acting, everyone will surely think good about your performance. It's much better to continue to look for other movies than to waste your time shooting a movie by an unknown small Director."