The Red Fades, the Fragrance Disappears; Who Will Pity It? (9)

Tang You, Chen Yuyan, and the others were seated at the very front and still hadn't noticed the commotion at the doors. They were huddled in a circle, each person looking like a model of goodness, but the content of their conversation was not quite decent—

"This many beauties came to today's banquet. Tang-xiong1, which one do you like?" Chen Yuyan raised his eyebrow, laughing.

Tang You snickered. "All of them."

"Tang-xiong, a person with integrity can't be too greedy," another boy wearing a blue robe said.Please read at yanyantls dot wordpress dot com.

"This is called being fickle2, not greedy," Tang You said sternly. "I just like pretty beauties. They're all pretty, so I like all of them. What can I do?"

These words sent Chen Yuyan and the others into laughter. One after another, they grabbed the things at their sides to smack him. Tang You evaded and was chased by them, running around the seats several times.

"Tang You, stand still, if you have the guts then stand still for me!"

"Don't even think of our brotherly affection a bit. If we eat meat and drink soup with you, do you expect us to lick the pot?"

In the midst of the noise, Xie Fei brought Xi Wen slowly towards them. Tang You's eyes glimmered as he was chased until he was panting for breath. With a virtuous face, he came to Xie Fei's side. The thief cried thief first: "Fei-ge, look, they went so far as to act together and bully me."

When they heard him, the people who came chasing after glared fiercely at Tang You. "Serves you right, who told you to act so cheap."

Tang You still wanted to retort, but Xie Fei shot a glance at him. He indifferently said, "Alright, the festival is about to start, I'll take Xi Wen to our seats first."

"Aiyo, Fei-ge, you even brought your family?" As he spoke, Tang You stretched out his head to look at Xi Wen hidden behind Xie Fei.

Hearing the word "family", Xi Wen's face was already turning red. Now, as the pairs of eyes flicked over, she directly covered her face in embarrassment.

Xie Fei slightly leaned over to block their line of sight and used his hands to push Tang You's head away. He said, looking at Tang You, "Xi Wen's temper is delicate, don't scare her."

Tang You looked at Chen Yuyan and the others unhappily. He asked, "Do I look that scary?"

They nodded in tacit agreement. Soon after, they started a new round of you-run-I-chase.

When Tang You and the others had enough and returned to their seats, the sound of a male voice came from the hosts' seats: "Eldest Prince, Second Prince, Fifth Prince, and Ninth Prince have arrived—"Please read at yanyantls dot wordpress dot com.

One after another, all the people stood up and bowed. The four princes took their seats successively. The eldest prince smiled slightly and indicated for everyone to sit.

The festival began. The servants came out carrying pot after pot of colorful chrysanthemums of all different shapes and set them over the courtyard. In a moment, the chrysanthemums' beautiful and subtle fragrance saturated the entire courtyard.

At the front were generally common bonsai chrysanthemums, Aztec marigolds, common marigolds, and three-colored chrysanthemums, those kinds of normal chrysanthemums. And walking at the very back, a few servants carefully placed the chrysanthemums at the center of the room. Everyone stretched out their necks curiously. In the next moment, their eyes widened, shocked. Unexpectedly, it was the exceptionally precious green tree peony, ink lotus, phoenix flapping wings, and West Lake willow moon! These were all hard to buy even with a thousand pounds of gold!