Chapter 25 - The Movie Queen's Domineering Fan (25)

The Qiao family ignored Qiao Zixin's threat and were approached by the police the next day. Each of them borrowed money from Qiao Zixin, and some of the family borrowed money separately and kept it a secret from each other. Qiao Zixin has Wechat records and bank proof, although she didn't have one for everyone; But she had most, because they have not only borrowed once.

If you don't pay back the money you owe, you still couldn't be sentenced and they can't force it. But, the fact that the police came to your door, is scary enough for ordinary people. What's more, they were all face-saving people, and the strange eyes of neighbors and colleagues made them feel worse than the police.

The times when Qiao Zixin went home before, she would lose some small jewelry and cosmetics in her room. She made a scene for the first time, and before she could find out who it was, Father and Mother Qiao got angry, blaming her for treating their family members as thieves and saying that giving small things to relatives was normal and unimportant.

This time, Qiao Zixin reported all these things as stolen items, providing photos of those items when she was taking pictures in the past, and suspected that it was only the women and children from those families. The scope was narrowed down and it was easy to investigate. Even when the police came to the door, her cousin was wearing a platinum and diamond necklace she had lost!

The Qiao's can't go to work, and can't go to school. There were a lot of local Qiao Zixin fans; They found out about it, and these people have publicized their bad deeds. Now even people that didn't like to read gossip online knew about what they have done. No matter who you think is right and who is wrong in private, the Qiao family was a joke. They didn't dare to look up when they went outside.

Qiao Zhipeng's eyes were red with anger, he cursed at home and said angrily, "anyway, things have gone wrong. Just make it even bigger, so she couldn't be a star anymore! Isn't that what people say in interviews on television? Let's go cry and tarnish her reputation and see how crazy she would be!"

Father Qiao yelled, "shut up! Do you think we haven't lost enough face? What would you do in an interview? Let others see a laughingstock? Scold me for not having enough money to raise my son and waiting for my stepdaughter to raise him? Letting people call us Qiaos cowards who bully women?"

"Then? Let it go? If we don't go, can't Aunt Yu go? She's her real mother."

"That's enough! Don't bring it up again."

Qiao Zhipeng slammed the door and went back to his room. Apparently, he didn't continue to insist, but he was still thinking of dealing with Qiao Zixin.

Qiao Zixin knew their character best and had hired someone to keep an eye on them. As soon as she found out what Qiao Zhipeng was going to do, she directly transferred the debt they owed her to a debt company. She didn't care about the money, and told the debt company directly that she didn't want a penny of the money they owed, and that she had only one request– to scare them without breaking the law, so that they would never dare to bother her again.

(Debt company = Debt company are agencies that take over in collecting debt.) 

This debt company is run by the head of the local gangsters. She heard that it had a 'Jianghu Morality'. Qiao Zixin has heard a lot of stories about them, and the locals have an instinctive fear of this person, so it was appropriate to ask him to take care of this matter!

(Jianghu morality = Respect the strong. Respect seniors. Honor and blood kind of deal, like in those mafia movies.)

Sure enough, less than a week after the debt company took action, the Qiao family were all frazzled. They still had to live in the local area, so how could they live if they offend a gangster leader? Although they didn't do anything or call any one names, every day, several strong men with plenty of rough tattoos talked to them. Their persuasion tactics were very awful, and the Qiao's trembled with fear. Qiao Zixin's move is particularly ruthless, hitting them where it hurts. She completely grasped their weakness, so they would never dare provoke her from the bottom of their hearts.